Popular Tags: PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
IC || OOC || wiki

Some setting posts, then the first game post a couple of posts down.

Current players are:
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
Sometimes it just gets to be too much...
Aaron S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb

Characters:
Ferrus Havelock
Cain
Abelard
Rosenberg
Tassus Callimachus

Thermorb Gazetteer
Thermorb
Sargosanopel
The slum of Khardz with list of gangs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Thermorb
In the Drusus Marches, close to The Maw (the way you get from the Calixis Sector to the Screaming Vortex), lies the planet Thermorb. Considered safely under Imperial control, it is rarely the target of raids.

The planet does not support the construction of Hives, and its population has does been stunted to what the planets own production can support, about 3 billion. Precious minerals and a couple of Imperial Guard regiments is what the planet tithes.

Ever since it was settled early in the Angevin Crusade, the primary industry has been mining. Luckily for the planet's inhabitants, the minerals found has not been the type that is yielded by large and intrusive mining operations. But rather volatile, fragile and extremely expensive minerals deep in the core. The mining operations has thus been needle pricks into the planets surface.

Most of the planets population live in huge sprawling cities. Since the primary industry of the planet is not labour intensive, work can be hard to come by. This creates a huge gap between the many poor, and the aristocracy that rule the planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Sargosanopel
The planets largest city is Sargosanopel, a bustling and sprawling city with over 30 millions people living in it. It is dirty and crime-filled, and with huge differences between rich and poor (imagine the TV-series Rome, or a 30s film noir). The planets governor also live here, a hereditary Autokrator. The current autokrator is Theodora Sargosan. Her huge palace dominate one if the hills close to the city. Other noble families have similar palaces around the city

Sargosanopel is a dangerous city. There is little work, and everyone is just trying to scrape by, hoping for a job in the mining industry. The horrible irony is that few last many years in the mining industry before developing mutations, caused by the metals they extract. Mutants lose their jobs, and are quickly returned to an even more squalidly life in the city. Many believe there might as many as a million mutants in the city. Either living in hiding, or hiding their corruption. Daily the enforcers and religious fanatics purge the slum for all mutants they can find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The Eternity Reapers
Life within the Screaming Vortex has become intolerable for the Heretics. News of their failure spread quickly, and they go from potential great ones to washed up has-beens. Some have even started calling Cain, Cain the Spastic. The cabal discuss what to do for several weeks before deciding that the best course of action would be to leave the Screaming Vortex, for later to return with great accomplishments under your name.

The easiest other region to reach is the Calixis sector; so the heretics travel to the 13th Station of Passage, the most known of ways to get into the Imperium. From here they carefully make their way into the realm of the God-Emperor, trying to find a planet suitable for their needs. Eventually, several clues leads to a planet they all agree is the one you will reap for Chaos: Thermorb. On their way there they meet a fifth heretic, with similar goals: Heretek Ferrus Havelock. He joins their cause, and together they reach Thermorb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warp Eater Rolls
Deceive (43) 1d100 = (33) = 33
Deceive (43) 1d100 = (22) = 22
Deceive (43) 1d100 = (72) = 72
Deceive (43) 1d100 = (95) = 95

Ok, 3 degrees of success

Toughness (70) 1d100 = (74) = 74

Nooo!

Corruption 1d5+1 = (3) + 1 = 4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 439377. SA_Viking
  • 1d100 =
  • (33) =
  • Deceive (43)
  • Tue Oct 1, 2013 3:09 pm
  • [+]
  • 439379. SA_Viking
  • 1d100 =
  • (22) =
  • Deceive (43)
  • Tue Oct 1, 2013 3:09 pm
  • [+]
  • 439380. SA_Viking
  • 1d100 =
  • (72) =
  • Deceive (43)
  • Tue Oct 1, 2013 3:10 pm
  • [+]
  • 439381. SA_Viking
  • 1d100 =
  • (95) =
  • Deceive (43)
  • Tue Oct 1, 2013 3:10 pm
  • [+]
  • 439390. SA_Viking
  • 1d100 =
  • (25) =
  • Toughness (70)
  • Tue Oct 1, 2013 3:12 pm
  • [+]
  • 439391. SA_Viking
  • 1d100 =
  • (74) =
  • Toughness (70)
  • Tue Oct 1, 2013 3:12 pm
  • [+]
  • 439393. SA_Viking
  • 1d5+1 =
  • (3) + 1 =
  • Corruption
  • Tue Oct 1, 2013 3:14 pm
Jason H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it's time to introduce myself

You see a tall humanoid figure striding towards you wearing the familiar robes of the cult mechanicus and with the iconic mechadendrites protruding from his back. You're not sure how how powerful he is considering he only has one mechadendrite and the stories you've heard speak of more mechanical tendrils than a genestealer has arms. As he gets closer you notice that underneath his robe there is a suit of what appears to be power armor with a large I with three lines across it inscribed in the center and a power axe at his hip. He is accompanied by what appears to be a servitor, but it is lacking weaponry of any type and its face seems to be stuck in a permanent grimace.

Oh my, it appears you have a space marine amongst you. No, it appears you have two. Now, that is interesting. I think we'll get along just fine, just fine. If you two need any implants just tell me, I'd love to have a chance to inspect that flesh of yours.

Oh, yes, where are my manners. My name is Ferrus Havelock.

So, tell me about this compact I couldn't help but overhear you discussing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Rosenberg adjusts the now stiff scalp as it scratches at his skin, sucking his teeth as he does so.

I scarce have time for manners. Thermorb will bend to Tzeentch's will, and we will be the catalyst for this change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Tertiary objectives
There are several more reasons that the heretics wants to go to Thermorb. They have picked up clues to interesting things they might find there.

Cain has learned that there is a gigantic palace on the planet called the Palace of Khardz. It is know abandoned by the nobility, and absorbed into the slum. He has learned that the last Duke of Khardz was a daemon worshipper, and that he had a particular powerful summoning circle in the inner parts of the palace. Cain wants to find the Duke of Khardz' summoning circle, and copy the runes on it.

Having almost gotten himself killed by the Dark Eldars, Abelard is looking for ways to redeem himself, and what better way to do that, than to turn their technology against them. The martially renowned Duke Ellezar became famed after slaying a Dark Eldar in single combat. He took his belt as trophy, and it has been passed down through the generations within his family. The belt influences the gravity around the person wearing it, making him very hard to hit. The belt has been lost for some time, but now there is a rumour that someone is using it in the slums of Sargosanopel. Abelard wants to kill this person, and take the belt.

For some time, Tassus has had a copy of the Codex de Brutalis. It is a four chapter book written about terror tactics in warfare by the last duke of Khardz. It is written in an increasingly complicated cypher. The two first chapters have been deciphered, and are considered master pieces. The final two remain unreadable. Tassus hopes to find clues within the Duke's palace on how the decipher the rest.

The precious mineral mined on Thermpol is called Thermium. It is used in some patterns of warp-drives, and can cause mutations. There have been some attempts to weaponize it, and Rosenberg thinks that if he can find some of it, he can improve some of his weapons. Rosenberg wants to find a 5 gram chunk of Thermium.

All places in the real world, has a corresponding location within the Warp. Knowing such locations might be helpful when using certain other technologies. Ferrus has a Warp-mapping device, and he wants to activate while there is so sort of tear into the Warp in his presence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
merashin wrote:

So, tell me about this compact I couldn't help but overhear you discussing.

I'm not sure if the compact has even been initiated yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Well, the compact might not have been made, but you have discussed it. Or you wouldn't have started your travels. Anyways, I am slowly getting all the setting posts done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The slum of Khardz with list of gangs
The slum of Khardz is the biggest slum on Thermpol. It is named after the building in its centre, the Palace of Khardz. Many generations ago, the House of Khardz was the second most powerful family on the planet, and their palace was the biggest ever built. The family eventually became corrupted, seeking power through the daemonic They were purged by fire, and their palace abandoned, but soon the poor and wretched found a home in and around it, and a slum grew.

Now millions of people live here, and the palace is the centre-piece of this desolate borough. Its gilded hallways have become littered streets; its small chambers has become overcrowded apartments; its large halls have become dangerous meeting places at day and equally dangerous dormitories at night; and its magnificent towers are equally crowded by people looking for a place to survive. Not to speak of what goes on in the catacombs below the palace. Despite their hardship, most people are still Emperor-fearing people, faithful to the Imperium, even the mutants embrace the empire that rejects them.

The heretics have searched for clues of any organized opposition to the Imperium, but outside the occasional mutant ready to embrace Chaos, they find only rumours. There is talk of Khorne-worship amongst the gladiators, and of course the ever present rumour of a Slaanesh conspiracy amongst the nobles. The most interesting lead is the talk of a group called the Court of Change. They worship Tzeentch, but that is all you know.

Life in the slum is hard, and outside crime, there are few prospects. There is always the threat of being killed by any of the religious groups paroling and purging the slum, especially if you are mistake for a mutant. The largest groups are:
The Thumbers: They are based within the slum, and consists of gladiator fans that need something to do between each show.
The Enforcers: The regular law enforcers of the planet. They have squads dedicated to rooting out corruption in the slum
The Brotherhood of Purity: A new group organized by the Autokrator's personal priest, Rabutis. He is obsessed with wiping out corruption, and his most recent project is to organize a militia to patrol the slum.
The Order of Truth: Organized by the Duke Ellezar. Since his palace neighbours the slum, he has been tasked with keeping it under control. This organization is his main instrument in doing so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cain sighs, taken away from his internal musings.

He watches the Heretek cautiously.

"Yes.. We are on our way to Thermorb. What's it to you?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inside his helmet Ferrus eyes this human up and down. Sizing him up before continuing on.

This human doesn't look like much, but I guess he'll have to do to fulfill my needs. Especially if the Astartes come with him.

"Oh, a great many things are on Thermorb for me. A chance to defile the servants of the corpse god is all I need, and such a task might be easier to fulfill if I were to join with your group. You may not trust me, but I am not one to anger the gods and defy a compact. You also appear to be heinously short of any equipment to repair your damaged flesh. Which I could provide, along with my not so small skill with such."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The Compact
Sorry to be posting over everyone, but I am eager to begin 

After a long trip through the Warp, sneaking passage on an Imperial transporter, the heretics have finally settled down on Thermorb. In the Catacombs of the Palace of Khardz, they have found a sanctuary to their liking. In a ruined part of the palace’s netherregions, they have found the Ai-Ak Hall of Records. It is a safe place for them to plan and plot. In the weeks they have been here, they have already created a small network of informants and contacts throughout the slum, and they are slowly growing their power.

The time is now, time to make the compact. They have already agreed to dedicate it to Tzeentch, and that Cain should be anointed. Their objective: Bend Thermorb to Chaos! You don’t know how yet, but it will happen!

So, this is the actual making of the compact. Everyone should post a declaration of what they intend to muster for resources for the compact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"I stake my technical knowledge and creations upon the will of the compact."

Edit: or wait, what exactly do you mean by declare your resources? I thought you were saying for us to declare what we were announcing to the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Yes Jason. Your character declares what he can contribute to the compact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
Sometimes it just gets to be too much...
Abelard stands ramrod straight, hands on hips and declares: As usual, I will contribute my brawn not my brains. All I have in martial prowess is dedicated to our cause.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, Karl. We can leave the particulars of how Ferrus joined our warband up to our imagination. Someone can always write up a little background info if they want to.

Cain stands next to his hulking companion, Lomb. He is extremely pleased to be the anointed of this compact.

"I o-offer my cunning, intellect, and vast stores of heretical knowledge. For the glory of Tzeentch - Architect of Fate!"

Lomb stares listlessly at his master, drool falling from his mouth.

A low-pitched moan is his only offering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Rosenberg clears the phlegm from his throat and sucks his teeth viciously before committing, I offer my past experience with the Imperium. And, I'm not too bad of a shot as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
Callimachus eyes his "companions". My goals here might require a bit more subtlety than this group can provide. Hopefully Abelard does not manage to die before a suitable goal for his sacrifice can be achieved. Cain might be useful in scouring minds for information regarding the cipher, though...

I will offer manipulation and deceit. If forced, I may choose to contribute in combat as well, though your possible deaths would not bother me.

Callimachus ends the statement with emphasis towards Abelard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Be careful with this one, Rosenberg gestures at Callimachus. He will just as likely walk away from combat as join in it if he sees no fruit in it. But, who's to say we all aren't like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
For your compact to succeed, you need to grow your power base.  First of all, you need to show the people of the Khardz slum that they should support you. You can either do this by making you think you are their protecters, or you could rule them by fear.

Introducing a secondary objective: Prove to the people of Khardz that you deserve to be their overlords.

Leading a revolt with the people of the slum would only create a blood-soaked and short revolt. You need more power. The Court of Change is a promising lead, but no one seems to know anything about them. They worship Tzeentch, but outside of that, you know nothing. 

A couple of days after making the compact you get a message from one of your contacts. He says he may have a lead on The Court of Change. He wants to  meet you in the Gallery of Silver Threads, claiming he has recieved a note from the Court.

The Gallery of Silver Threads gets its name from the large amount of threads of  silver fur lying on the floor. The gallery once over-looked a courtyard, but the side that was supposed to open up towards the yard has been boarded up. The gallery is now a dark and narrow passage that no one really uses - perfect for illicit meetings.

Introducing a secondary objective: Meet with the Court of Change.
Introducing a secondary objective: Take control over the Court of Change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
A woman is screaming in the room Rosenberg leaves as he receives this message. Rosenberg locks the door purposefully behind himself and walks to the commune area to wait on the others. Once they arrive, he offers, I know a building close by that would give me a good overhead vantage point right down that alley way. He pats his Long-Las lovingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Rememember that most of this scenario is within the Palace of Khardz, so you will always be inside. Imagine the Palace of Versailles, just a lot more grander, and a hundred years after armageddon.

So there is no nearby building. People come here because there is one way in and one way out, and no place to spy from
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Around half-a-minute later Ferrus comes out of his room walking next to a large spine-hound brimming with muscles that look, simply, unnatural on its body. Mixed in with spines and overly large muscles you can see machinated sinew flowing over the body and into the skin, creating a semi-protective layer over the already thick hide of the hound. You've seen glimpses of it moving around at night, but it's never been out long enough for you to get a good view of it. Here in its full glory it looks like the kind of creature that would send a commissar screaming and his men to terrified to so much as flee. It lets out a low, ghastly, growl as it looks at Rosenberg.

"Ah, yes, I don't believe I've ever actually introduced you to Nightgaunt here. You might want to be careful Rosenberg, he likes to play fetch, and he's always the one to pick what he goes to fetch. Now, on to the matter at hand. This meeting seems fishy. We've spent a fair amount of time searching for this Court of Change and then they come to us out of nowhere with an invitation. We can't ignore them, but I suggest we be on our toes and have an escape plan. If all goes well I've got some new things I wish to try out."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.