United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
1: Got take out Chinese food tonight and ran into Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe in line at the restaurant. Nice gentleman. He recommended to me a Japanese restaurant. Chiefs are rolling. The only team that can stop them from winning the division are...

2: The Broncos. I'm ready to award Manning the MVP trophy. His QB rating is 138.0 after four games. 16 TDs and no interceptions so far. We may be seeing a QB have the best season in the history of the NFL. His next victim is the defensive backfield of the Dallas Cowboys. Peyton Manning will show the folks in Dallas what a $100 million quarterback really looks like.

3: How bad are the Jags? A few years ago the Detroit Lions went 0-16. This year's Jacksonville Jaguars are not as good as that Detroit team. They are 13 point underdogs this coming weekend...against the Rams! Yes the Rams who just got their heads put on a platter by the struggling 49ers. In two weeks the Jags play Denver. It's going to be the NFL version of a Hammer horror film. The only thing missing will be Vincent Price doing the color commentating. Viewer discretion is advised.

4: The Vikings won (Yeah!). The difference though wasn't just the quarterback. Cassel played well no question though so let the quarterback controversy begin. The offensive and defensive lines however finally played like they did last year and that was the biggest difference from the previous three weeks. In terms of Cassel however I've always liked him even here in KC and I too have my doubts about Ponder.

5: So much for Cleveland giving up on the season. 2-0 since they traded away Richardson and this weekend they beat a pretty good Bengals team. Thursday night. Bills vs Browns. That's actually looking to be a pretty interesting game. One of those teams is going to be 3-2!

6: The Steelers by the way who I got heat for calling the worst team in their division are now 0-4. When was the last time the Steelers picked in the top 5 of the NFL draft? Might have been when they picked Terry Bradshaw.

I wrote that trying to be funny but decided to actually check. I was right!!! The Steelers have not picked in the top 5 of the NFL draft since 1970 when they took Terry Bradshaw with the #1 pick. The last time they picked in the top 10 was in 2000 when they took Plaxico Burress at #8. That's what you call a team that knows how to stay competitive. I'm giving them a mulligan for this year.

7: A guy I really like is Giant's coach Tom Coughlin. The guy is 0-4 and Victor Cruz questioned to the press about a call Coughlin made Sunday (Cruz wanted to go for it on 4th down when the Giants were on their own 30 in a 4 point game). Did Coughlin throw a fit? Nahhh. He jokingly challenged Cruz to a fight. He challenged another player of his to a duel a few years ago. You have to like a guy who is having this bad of a year and still refuses to take the bait from a reporter and call out one of his players who is just being frustrated.

8: Here's a guy who can use a few lessons on how to deal with his players from Tom Coughlin. Buccs coach Greg Schiano. He's a lame duck and pretty much lame in general. When the head coach publicly goes to war with his starting quarterback and the press is full of stories from unidentified players on the team calling the locker room "toxic" you pretty much have to wonder how long an owner is going to stomach watching the train wreck before doing something.

Lovie Smith is ready whenever Tampa Bay wants the nightmare to stop.

9: Detroit is looking good. If they beat the Packers this weekend they will have a win against every team in their division and that's big. By the way, the over and under for this weekend's Ndamukong Suh fine is $35,000. I'm picking over.

10: Seems Mark Sanchez decided to have surgery on his shoulder thus his season is officially over. After watching the nightmare that is the Jets offensive line this year I'd prefer surgery over playing behind it too. Personally I think the Rockettes have the best line in New York this year. If I had to make a call (and I don't but I will anyway) Tampa Bay is the most likely spot for Mark Sanchez next season. If Ponder doesn't prove himself in Minnesota that would be my second choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prediction: 6-10 will win the NFC East.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
...the over and under for this weekend's Ndamukong Suh fine is $35,000.

Wristband for QBs facing Suh.

Another week, another NFL QBs on facebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
In two weeks the Jags play Denver. It's going to be the NFL version of a Hammer horror film. The only thing missing will be Vincent Price doing the color commentating. Viewer discretion is advised.

Vegas odds-makers have said that, barring anything changing this weekend, Denver could be favored by more points than any team has been in any game in the history of the NFL.

mrbeankc wrote:
By the way, the over and under for this weekend's Ndamukong Suh fine is $35,000. I'm picking over.

Seems like a weird week to post this when Suh just had one of his best games of the season and committed zero penalties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
2: The Broncos. I'm ready to award Manning the MVP trophy. His QB rating is 138.0 after four games. 16 TDs and no interceptions so far. We may be seeing a QB have the best season in the history of the NFL. His next victim is the defensive backfield of the Dallas Cowboys. Peyton Manning will show the folks in Dallas what a $100 million quarterback really looks like.

I am to be congratulated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:

10: Seems Mark Sanchez decided to have surgery on his shoulder thus his season is officially over. After watching the nightmare that is the Jets offensive line this year I'd prefer surgery over playing behind it too. Personally I think the Rockettes have the best line in New York this year. If I had to make a call (and I don't but I will anyway) Tampa Bay is the most likely spot for Mark Sanchez next season. If Ponder doesn't prove himself in Minnesota that would be my second choice.

Man, what did Tampa ever do to you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
LennyS wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:

Damn right. I remember reading that, and was instantly torn. As a Peyton Manning fan, I was totally behind the idea. As a Chargers fan, I was scared. Still, the AFC West has been, thus far, much more impressive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmb
Landstander wrote:
LennyS wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:

Damn right. I remember reading that, and was instantly torn. As a Peyton Manning fan, I was totally behind the idea. As a Chargers fan, I was scared. Still, the AFC West has been, thus far, much more impressive.

Love the Hawkeye microbadge!! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:

4: The Vikings won (Yeah!). The difference though wasn't just the quarterback. Cassel played well no question though so let the quarterback controversy begin. The offensive and defensive lines however finally played like they did last year and that was the biggest difference from the previous three weeks.

Playing Pittsburgh will do that for you. Pittsburgh's D-line isn't great and their O-line might be worse. To quote Mr. Wolf: "let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
mrbeankc wrote:
1: Got take out Chinese food tonight and ran into Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe in line at the restaurant. Nice gentleman. He recommended to me a Japanese restaurant. Chiefs are rolling. The only team that can stop them from winning the division are...

3: How bad are the Jags? A few years ago the Detroit Lions went 0-16. This year's Jacksonville Jaguars are not as good as that Detroit team. They are 13 point underdogs this coming weekend...against the Rams! Yes the Rams who just got their heads put on a platter by the struggling 49ers. In two weeks the Jags play Denver. It's going to be the NFL version of a Hammer horror film. The only thing missing will be Vincent Price doing the color commentating. Viewer discretion is advised.

4: The Vikings won (Yeah!). The difference though wasn't just the quarterback. Cassel played well no question though so let the quarterback controversy begin. The offensive and defensive lines however finally played like they did last year and that was the biggest difference from the previous three weeks. In terms of Cassel however I've always liked him even here in KC and I too have my doubts about Ponder.

5: So much for Cleveland giving up on the season. 2-0 since they traded away Richardson and this weekend they beat a pretty good Bengals team. Thursday night. Bills vs Browns. That's actually looking to be a pretty interesting game. One of those teams is going to be 3-2!

6: The Steelers by the way who I got heat for calling the worst team in their division are now 0-4. When was the last time the Steelers picked in the top 5 of the NFL draft? Might have been when they picked Terry Bradshaw.

I wrote that trying to be funny but decided to actually check. I was right!!! The Steelers have not picked in the top 5 of the NFL draft since 1970 when they took Terry Bradshaw with the #1 pick. The last time they picked in the top 10 was in 2000 when they took Plaxico Burress at #8. That's what you call a team that knows how to stay competitive. I'm giving them a mulligan for this year.

7: A guy I really like is Giant's coach Tom Coughlin. The guy is 0-4 and Victor Cruz questioned to the press about a call Coughlin made Sunday (Cruz wanted to go for it on 4th down when the Giants were on their own 30 in a 4 point game). Did Coughlin throw a fit? Nahhh. He jokingly challenged Cruz to a fight. He challenged another player of his to a duel a few years ago. You have to like a guy who is having this bad of a year and still refuses to take the bait from a reporter and call out one of his players who is just being frustrated.

8: Here's a guy who can use a few lessons on how to deal with his players from Tom Coughlin. Buccs coach Greg Schiano. He's a lame duck and pretty much lame in general. When the head coach publicly goes to war with his starting quarterback and the press is full of stories from unidentified players on the team calling the locker room "toxic" you pretty much have to wonder how long an owner is going to stomach watching the train wreck before doing something.

Lovie Smith is ready whenever Tampa Bay wants the nightmare to stop.

9: Detroit is looking good. If they beat the Packers this weekend they will have a win against every team in their division and that's big. By the way, the over and under for this weekend's Ndamukong Suh fine is $35,000. I'm picking over.

I could forgive you for ignoring the Titans through the first three weeks of the season, but I cry foul at the fact that you can write a wall of text this large after week 4 without mentioning them once.

They are 3-1, and they have beaten a couple of pretty good teams in the Jets and Chargers. It looked grim this week when Jake Locker got hurt and was carried off the field, but the prognosis is good. As long as our backup can hold it together in the meantime and win at least one game, we should be ready to roll when Jake returns after the bye. And I'm confident that Fitzpatrick can, because our wins have been team efforts, not the product of just one man.

The Titans have at least earned a mention in the conversation of what's going on in the NFL right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruiner of Things
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:

The Chiefs opponents have won a combined three games. Jacksonville isn't an NFL team. They struggled, at home, to beat a battered and schizophrenic Cowboys team 17-16. They got up 10 on Philadelphia on a fumbled punt and tipped ball interception and were lackluster the rest of the way (16 points each). The Giants should have been tied 10-10 after three quarters, and the Chiefs went up 17-7 on a punt return that should have been called back, and then the G-Men packed up and quit.

The Chiefs can't stretch the field on offense, they struggle to score, Smith refuses to push the ball deep and I don't know if he can--and he will have to at some point. The Chiefs are built to win 17-14 with seven of those points coming on special teams or an INT return. That's just not sustainable, and they won't consistently beat top teams that way.

Denver's opponents have only won four games combined, so let's not anoint them yet. The Broncos defense likely will improve when Bailey and Miller return, but they've allowed 20+ point to all four opponents so far. Weather, good opponents and better defenses will pose greater challenges down the line. They still have a lot to prove. Can they win in cold weather against a New England team that, while vastly inferior, will fight, scrap, cheat, play dirty and get every lucky bounce and bad call to go their way? I don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Welcome to my secret message.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the Chiefs will likely make the playoffs by virtue of a powder puff schedule, with the exception of playing Denver. I expect them to get handled in the first round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the Seahawks are 4-0 for the first time in ...ever...

Not that they will stay undefeted, but it's nice to dream.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Yeah, the Chiefs will likely make the playoffs by virtue of a powder puff schedule, with the exception of playing Denver. I expect them to get handled in the first round.

Yes, but until that moment comes - THEY'RE CONTENDERS, BABY!!!!

...and the funny thing about playoffs is sometimes weird stuff happens. So, yeah, I'm not drinking the coolaid yet (I know they haven't really played anyone yet) but it's still nice to see a winning record, if nothing else!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this fascinating game, but hasn't Manning lost his starting blind tackle? The Around The League guys didn't pick him pre-season as there MVP predication, as they expected him to get hurt.

BTW, what makes Manning so good? He moves like a pregnant frog, his release and arm strength doesn't look that fast/strong, and is it me, or does the ball wobble when he throws? Yet, every pass seems to land just ... right. I admit, I have a lot to learn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
The Vikings made the Panthers look dominant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The play's the thing ...
Australia
Point Lonsdale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Going thirty-eight, Dan, chill the f*** out. Mow your damn lawn and sit the hell down.
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this fascinating game, but hasn't Manning lost his starting blind tackle? The Around The League guys didn't pick him pre-season as there MVP predication, as they expected him to get hurt.

BTW, what makes Manning so good? He moves like a pregnant frog, his release and arm strength doesn't look that fast/strong, and is it me, or does the ball wobble when he throws? Yet, every pass seems to land just ... right. I admit, I have a lot to learn

It's funny, Gretzky was never considered the strongest, fastest or tallest player on the ice yet he won 9 MVPs, and 8 in a row. Sometimes it's the indefinable that makes great athletes great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gretzky had an unparalleled understanding for the game and could see what was going to happen before anyone else did. Same as Manning. Just because it isn't a physical attribute doesn't make it "indefinable".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The play's the thing ...
Australia
Point Lonsdale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Going thirty-eight, Dan, chill the f*** out. Mow your damn lawn and sit the hell down.
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Gretzky had an unparalleled understanding for the game and could see what was going to happen before anyone else did. Same as Manning. Just because it isn't a physical attribute doesn't make it "indefinable".

I agree that indefinable may be the wrong word but you'll struggle to find 'it' (whatever 'it' is) on a stat sheet. I suppose I was trying to say that it is more than physical attributes that make up great athletes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.