Subject: Miniature paint source rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corinna S
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I would be very grateful if somebody could point me to a source for acrylic paint, either a real shop in SH or Taobao source? Preferably cheaper than GW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Acker
China
Suzhou
Jiangsu
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of choices:

There is a mostly-FOW shop near the SW exit of Xizang Bei Lu. They sell Vallejo model color. They are in the basement of a small mall full of wedding-photo places. 20 kuai per.

GW: Go to GW Pudong inside the Science Museum metro station. 25 kuai per.

Tamiya: Basically anywhere that sells scale models. Keep your eyes open.

Taobao: Lots. Search in English for the brand you want, then contact them in chat and find out what they REALLY have in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corinna S
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Donald, I have managed to order online, but it seems to take forever. I wish I had known to chat first ... will try the shop on line 8 (?) at some point.
Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Acker
China
Suzhou
Jiangsu
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Line 8. One or two stops north of 人民广场.

Chatting first is absolutely essential on Taobao. They NEVER actually stock what they say they stock. It is maddening. Still trying to get the molasses I ordered from Beijing. I wanted to be sure to have it in time for Christmas, so I ordered it a couple weeks ago . . . Should have chatted first.

Of course, when the seller actually has the thing, it arrives in like a day, which is awfully nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corinna S
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your ideas and hints. I have now some colour and started painting the minis for Room 25.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, this is the source of acrylic paints...

But to be honest, I think you'd be better off asking for an acrylic paint distributor

Yes I'm bored. Yes, I've got time to kill...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.