Pandemic» Forums » General

Subject: Pandemic for IPAD - IMPACT rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
coco roco
Moldova
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Do you think the iPad Pandemic appearance that causes a decrease in sales Pandemic the board? IPAD version is gorgeous. Zman did a good job.
What do you think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fkSqmgr-lo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the recent launch of Small World 2 for ipad, after playing it ( it's fantastic) - it encouraged us to break out the board game off the shelf.
For us, it has had the opposite effect, we have played the board game twice now since the digital release and in doing so, convinced my brother in law to buy the boardgame and expansions ( he was participating in one of the games).
I think ( hope) the same will be true for Pandemic.
4 or 5 people engaging around a table to physically play a fabulous board game cannot be replicated on an ipad IMHO.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rogers
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to admit that I have been playing more than ever the iPad version of Small World now that they have updated it. I also own iPad versions of Agricola, Cyclades, and Survive. While I enjoy playing these games, nothing will ever replace the joy of the actual board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tablet versions are great for when I can't get the group together, but I still prefer sitting down to play with people. Apps actually make me want to play more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably the opposite. I believe Days of Wonder said there was an increase in board game sales after the release of the Ticket to Ride App.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My personal experience is that the board game apps have convinced me to purchase the real game. It is a great way to test games out before dropping big $$ to get them.

I've never played Pandemic, but I'm expecting I'll enjoy it in the app and then invest in the real game (and probably the expansions).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
irishdomer08 wrote:
My personal experience is that the board game apps have convinced me to purchase the real game. It is a great way to test games out before dropping big $$ to get them.

I've never played Pandemic, but I'm expecting I'll enjoy it in the app and then invest in the real game (and probably the expansions).

This. Playing the app makes me want the game. The board game apps are great, but they just can't replicate that board game experience.

I've gotten into Small World, Memoir '44, Elder Sign, and Ticket to Ride based on sampling iOS or steam versions of the games. Pandemic is now on the want list
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.