2 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Tournament Report: Small Tournament in Copenhagen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emil Hinterseer
Denmark
flag msg tools
I played in my first tournament yesterday in Copenhagen. We had thirteen people attending and I had played eight of them before. We were under some time constraints so we did four rounds of Swiss with tiebreaker Weak Side Wins. Opening Moves was not legal.

Decklists are as follows:

Identity: Weyland: Building a Better World

Cards: 49 / 45
Agenda points: 20 / 20
Influence: 15 / 15

Agenda (10)
3x Government Contracts
3x Hostile Takeover
1x Private Security Force
3x Project Atlas

Asset (1)
1x Snare ●●

Ice (22)
3x Archer
2x Caduceus
3x Chimera
1x Chum ●
3x Eli 1.0 ●●●
2x Enigma
1x Hadrians Wall
3x Ice Wall
1x Rototurret ●
3x Shadow

Operation (16)
2x Anonymous Tip ●●
3x Beanstalk Royalties
1x Closed Accounts ●
3x Green Level Clearance ●●●
3x Hedge Fund
1x SEASource ●●
3x Scorched Earth

I felt pretty confident in my corp deck having had good succes playtesting it. Primarily a rush deck with a secondary win condition.
Agenda composition is focused at rush - an early Government Contracts is very strong but even more so a double overadvanced Project Atlas. Either helps you fetch the missing pieces of a kill combo if the runner exposes himself or waits around for Hostile Takeover out-of-hand for the win.

I feel you have to surprise the runner if you want to win so I only included a single Snare with spare influence. I thought by now everybody is expecting Snare out of Weyland but it turns out I was wrong. People were definitely not playing around Snare.
Another surprise is the single Rototurret and Closed Accounts for tag-floaters but the rest of the influence had to go to efficiency.

I was a bit disappointed in my corp deck though. I felt it underperformed not being very good at rushing. The two wins it had were through flatlining and that was supposed to be my backup plan!

Identity: Criminal: Andromeda

Cards: 45 / 45
Influence: 15 / 15

Event (20)
3x Account Siphon
3x Dirty Laundry
1x Emergency Shutdown
1x Forged Activation Orders
2x Infiltration
3x Inside Job
2x Quality Time ●●
2x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (7)
2x Desperado
1x E3 Feedback Implants
2x Plascrete Carapace
2x R&D Interface ●●●●

Program (11)
2x Corroder ●●●●
1x Crypsis
3x Datasucker ●●●
3x Faerie
1x Mimic ●
1x Yog.0 ●

Resource (7)
3x Daily Casts
2x Kati Jones
2x Same Old Thing

This is, I believe, a pretty standard Andromeda-Datasucker deck. I was happy with it, and it performed exemplary.
This setup threatens all three centrals even without Sneakdoor. Kati Jones + Daily Casts for build-up and when you gotta Siphon you let them die. Datasucker and Desperado sustains runs like I've never seen.

First match vs. Jakob (Gabriel Santiago/NBN TWiY)
I won the coin-flip and decided to corp first, being eager to get a great start with my supposedly strong site. It did not go that way. Two 1-of-5 Agenda snatches from HQ supported by Sneakdoor turned the game heavily in his favor. I scored an early Government Contracts but could by then not lay down another Agenda in my compromised remote and could not draw the SEA Source. The game ended with an Indexing + return run on my four ice deep R&D.
I don't remember much from the second game besides snatching a few Agendas from R&D with an Interface and him Biotic Laboring the first Astroscript out. He drew heavily with GLC and Anonymous Tip and scored a second Astroscript through my R&D-lock. He used the second Astroscript on a Beale and was on match point. Heart beating, I kept my R&D-lock up and ran his hand some searching for Breaking News. Found winning Agenda on R&D.

1 win - 1 loss

Second match vs. Kenneth (Noise/HB Next Design)
I lost coin-flip and had to corp first. I've played Kenneth some before and was expecting Noise(shop?) which was true. Only he didn't draw either Personal Workshop or Aesop's and his economy struggled. I scored a Government Contracts, drew SEA Source + 2 Scorched and waited happily around. Untill he played an Imp and then another. Both missed my kill pieces. He checked three milled cards in archives and got rewarded with a big enough explosion to kill him.
His HB deck splashed oversight AI and had some nasty Bioroids in it. Second turn ABT gave him a Viktor 1.0 and me an agenda from Archives. He struggled economically and I drew my single Shutdown. I won handily through R&D-lock.

3 wins - 1 loss

Third match vs. Kasper (Kate/NBN Making News)
Kasper was the highest seeded player with four wins so there was some pressure on my corp deck after he won the coin-flip. Scored an early Contracts before he found a SMC and rigged up. Scored a Hostile Takeover as food for Archer which was my innermost ice on remote. I placed a second Archer on Archives, expecting him to need access to power Datasuckers and get his Atman's rolling. That was the right assumption and I got to trash two Atman's! Drew heavily looking for an agenda to score. He rigged up again through Clone Chips and Kati and become a rich running monster which I could neither repel nor kill. R&D needs to shape up.
Andromeda stepped up though and I had a full rig powered by Kati early. He scored two Breaking before my R&D-lock and drew and successfully hid a PSF which he SanSan + ToL'ed. I Siphoned four times over the game, had my accounts closed and won through R&D lock with 20 seconds left on the clock.

4 wins - 2 losses

Fourth match vs. Rune (Kit/NBN Making News)
Lost coin-flip, corp first. Kit struggled economically in spite of an early Gordian and I scored an early two counter Atlas. That is a dangerous position for the runner. I drew two scorched while he rigged up and found Magnum Opus and I noticed he made runs with low money. I took off a counter for a Hedge Fund, hoping he'd continue checking the top card of R&D which only had an Ice Wall for protection after Escher. He did and developed. Next turn went SEa Source - Scorched - Scorched.
The second game was the first I didn't see a Desperado in. Had an R&D-lock with Interface going through Bastion and Wall of Static but it was too expensive. We both struggled some economically and for once I couldn't get my rig running, no suckers, no Desperado. He scored an early Astroscript and a PSF. I'd managed to steal an six points and my last turn went Siphon, run HQ, run HQ, run R&D for Breaking News.

6 wins - 2 losses

Congratulations to my third round opponent, Kasper, who managed to win the tournament with 7 - 1. I came in second and was very happy! I'd decided to make it to top three and second place was great! Kasper played very well, both his decks were strong. Atman+Datasucker+Desperado is a beast.

Thirteen people was a great show-up in our relatively new community. We've only had regular Netrunner-nights for one month. Playing a tournament felt very different than playing casual, it was very intense! People were focused and having a good time. It was a great night with lots of awesome running!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Great event. Had loads of fun. And got a playmat and an Alt art Kate (as well as Scorched Earth). YAY! I'm particularly happy with the Kate since I played her.

I won 4 out of 4 games with my Katman deck. Compared to the "original" Kops Katman deck, my deck doesn't run Stimhack, doesn't run Scavenge and runs with two fewer Infiltrations. I replaced those cards with an Indexing, two Makers Eye, a Dirty Laundry and a Parasite. Replacements I definitely think were correct - at least for my playstyle. I know a lot of people think that Katman is dreadful, but I must say that I really enjoy playing this deck. Not just because it is GOOD, but also because of the way it plays.

I won 3 out of 4 games with my NBN Making News deck - the loss is the one described above. I chose to go with a NBN deck that threatens tags, but actually doesn't punish them much. I have two Closed Accounts, but otherwise I'm focused completely on fast advancing with Trick Of Light, SanSan's and trying to score an early Astroscript. The deck performed spectacularly the first two rounds going 10-0, lost in the third round as described above and snuck home a victory in the final round. I didn't make all that much use of tracing, really. I guess switching to NBN The World Is Yours is a very real option with the selection of cards I'm running here.

My games against "Hansi" (Emil) were very tense. The only match that almost went to time for me - otherwise my matches were fairly quick. I could easily have lost against his Weyland deck and actually thought I had lost when I lost two Atman to Archer.

My decks:

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Kate "Mac" McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (13)
Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control) x3
Modded (Core) x2
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Infiltration (Core) x1
Escher (Creation and Control) x1
The Maker's Eye (Core) x2
Indexing (Future Proof) x1

Hardware: (11)
Clone Chip (Creation and Control) x3
R&D Interface (Future Proof) x3
Desperado (Core) x3 ■■■
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x2

Program: (12)
Atman (Creation and Control) x3
Datasucker (Core) x3 ■
Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control) x3
Deus X (A Study in Static) x1
Femme Fatale (Core) x1 ■
Parasite (Core) x1 ■■

Resource: (9)
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow) x3
Daily Casts (Creation and Control) x3
Professional Contacts (Creation and Control) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 5
Criminal: 10
Shaper: 53

Identity:
NBN: Making News (Core)

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (11)
Project Beale (Future Proof) x3
AstroScript Pilot Program (Core) x3
Private Security Force (Core) x3
Breaking News (Core) x2

Asset: (7)
Melange Mining Corp (Core) x3
Marked Accounts (Cyber Exodus) x2
PAD Campaign (Core) x2

ICE: (19)
Data Raven (Core) x2
Tollbooth (Core) x2
Caduceus (What Lies Ahead) x2 ■■
Ice Wall (Core) x3 ■
Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) x3
Bastion (Creation and Control) x1
Rototurret (Core) x2 ■
Chimera (Cyber Exodus) x1
Enigma (Core) x1
Flare (Future Proof) x1
Draco (What Lies Ahead) x1

Operation: (7)
Closed Accounts (Core) x2
Hedge Fund (Core) x3
Trick of Light (Trace Amount) x2 ■■■

Upgrade: (5)
Bernice Mai (Humanity's Shadow) x1
SanSan City Grid (Core) x3
Red Herrings (Core) x1

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 2
Jinteki: 6
NBN: 31
The Weyland Consortium: 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.