Cuba Libre» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bot Free Assault with Garrison rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodi de Boer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the bot flowchart for Garrison it says to free assault the most M26 guerrillas. What if the are no M26 guerrillas to assault ,but there are other guerrillas?
In the solo tutorial this comes up and the Government bot could have assaulted a syndicate guerilla at one of two EC's, but it doesn't. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct!

Another way to put it is, "free Assault M26 Guerrillas; do so where Govt would Assault the most M26 Guerrillas possible; otherwise do nothing".

vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodi de Boer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you Volko.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, another old thread resurrected, but I was wondering about this myself today, as it came up.

I understand the ruling, but I was under the impression that the general rule in COIN was that 0 was a valid number, when "most" was used. I can't seem to find a thread that mentions that, but perhaps someone can comment?

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Zero is a valid value for "most", yes.

In CL executing a free Assault an enemy that isn't present in the Assault space is identical to Volko's "do nothing", since this game doesn't have any FitL-style negative Capabilities that activate when you execute a certain Operation.

Assaults that target one or two specific Gaction do not remove pieces from other Factions. The GovBot Garrison Assault specifically targets the M26, so it only removes M26 regardless of who else is present in the ECs.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thanks.

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.