Kasper Scharling
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
As the header states, I would like to see the kickstarter miniatures compared with the ones from the box, if any one is up for snapping some photos.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy eland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nobody wants to waste time with this anymore lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete aka The Masked Minstrel
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you mean the wave 2 releases compared to the wave 1 figures?

Here is a thread http://studiomcvey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1485-general-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Scharling
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the link.

I can see that there is a scale issue, but I don't think its over the top, since the Samaritans are in armor, so you can justify some of the scale difference.

But its a bit frustrating that they are not completely on scale. I wonder where the issue have happed. If they are sculpted that way or If there have accrued some kind of shrinkage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did hear mention of shrinkage - something about the plastic, which is odd seeing as these are limited edition sculpts that they went to the trouble of fabricating a metal mould for plastic casting when resin would have been far cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
squallgoku wrote:
I did hear mention of shrinkage - something about the plastic, which is odd seeing as these are limited edition sculpts that they went to the trouble of fabricating a metal mould for plastic casting when resin would have been far cheaper.

Mike McVey himself admitted he was disappointed with the shrinkage and how these came out. In my mind, trying to justify the smaller size with fluff like 'well, Samaritans are better fed and bigger plus they wear armor' is a little silly once we admit these were not intended to be the size which was delivered. I guess if it makes you feel better about what you got, go for it. Personally, I'm not happy with the size differences and the soft detail, especially on some of the faces, for figures I paid extra for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Scharling
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Are Samaritans normal humans or some kind of super soliders ?

Like in Warhammer 40k where space marines are bigger then normal humans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skanque wrote:
Are Samaritans normal humans or some kind of super soliders ?

Like in Warhammer 40k where space marines are bigger then normal humans.

I'm not sure, but it is irrelevant to the issue.

Kara's head in her gnosis suit is a fraction of the size of her head from the first wave figures. Barker in his exo armor thing has shrunk considerably from his first wave version. Bottom line: The shrinkage was not intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
___Shetland pony___ ___extra pepperoni___
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every entry in the sedition wars forums gets hijacked by; my stuff is crap, posts. The guy asked for pictures!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hans4rd wrote:
Every entry in the sedition wars forums gets hijacked by; my stuff is crap, posts. The guy asked for pictures!

He also then posted:

Quote:
. I wonder where the issue have happed. If they are sculpted that way or If there have accrued some kind of shrinkage

and has been provided answers to that. Can't help it if we help answer the questions bot don't necessarily have pictures handy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
squallgoku wrote:
I assume you mean the wave 2 releases compared to the wave 1 figures?

Here is a thread http://studiomcvey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1485-general-...

While I agree that the figures look tiny, compared to the armored wave 1 figures, they aren't too out of scale, IMHO. It could be worse.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems that only some people have smaller scale models, I seen pictures where the models are of comparable scale, and pictures where they are too small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
foksieloy wrote:
Seems that only some people have smaller scale models, I seen pictures where the models are of comparable scale, and pictures where they are too small.

Most likely, From what I've seen, the ones of close size are the resin versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
foksieloy wrote:

Is that even possible? It shrinks while "drying" or something?

(honest question)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoogoo wrote:
foksieloy wrote:

Is that even possible? It shrinks while "drying" or something?

(honest question)

Not entirely certain with this case, though I have created my own moulds and was recommended to let them cure naturally in that forcing them to cure faster could possibly cause shrinkage.
These though would have used a plastics mould fabricated from metal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
troyboy81 wrote:
nobody wants to waste time with this anymore lol

HUH?!

I am not "wasting my time" with this game.

I will take photos after I assemble the units and paint them.

I have a current Heroscape project in progress, and the SW:BfA will have to wait until I wrap that up.

Maybe in a week or two I will begin the Alabaster Wave 2 figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.