Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Roitzsch
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was not satisfied with the rules of the original Thunderstone (not Advance). The Game doesn't work smooth like Dominion cause you can't chain and so the turns are strongly depending of a lot of factors. Mostly you can't do something because of lacking one gold or attack and so on.
Here my Variant only for the BaseGame without Expansions.
With it the pace is raised and so the fun we have. (I only want to share)

You have to choose out of 3 Actions for you turn:

1. Dungeon:
-won Battle: option to remove (only the successful normal attacked) Monster from your Deck, get VP/2 as VP-Marker, get Gold/2 as Gold-Marker (both rounded down), but the Monster doesn't belong to your deck anymore and doesn't count at the end, like removing at Rest-Action. But it doesn't clog your deck and you get your EP which is the main point during the game.
-lost Battle: pay 1 VP-Marker and 1 Gold-Marker as penalty if you have any

2. Village (all the same)
- you can boost your buying with your Gold-Markers (which are OneShot like Dominion Guilds)

3. Rest & Preparation together (normal Rest or Preparation is too unappealing)
- you can remove one card of you deck OR lay a monster-card aside (which counts at the end of the game but not clogs your deck -> like Dominion Island)
- you can move any card you want for your next turn on top of your deck

These changes boost the game pace and make the game much more entertaining for us but not break the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jon dee
Denmark
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I like it alot. It does something to avoid the slowdown that can happends

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.