Popular Tags: [View All]
Rocy7 POL
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Manuals
Quote:
Battle
Start 1 battle between 1 of your own and 1 of your opponent’s fleets. The fleets have to be in the same system in order to engage and If there’s more than 1 other fleet in the system you’ll have to announce who you will battle.

Quote:
Alliances
When you have an alliance with another empire, you gain several benefits.You and your ally does no longer treat each others units as “opposing fleets/forces”.

Is this means that Battles aren’t automatic? ie, if one player fleet entrance to the system where is fleet of another player (assuming that there is no alliance between them) does not automatically lead to a fight? One of them must choose action Battle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, you have to choose "battle" before any battle will happen.

You can easily coexist with other empires, fleets and what not.

But a fleet from a "non-ally" will always be treated as an "opposing" fleet, meaning it'll halt your jump once you enter the system with your own fleet.
You then need to take a new jump action in order to move out of that system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
If I enter a system that contains the fleets of two other players - one of which is my ally - and after my ally and I's fleets destroy the other opposing fleet, can I then turn and destroy my ally's fleet, thus breaking our alliance...because, I might enjoy doing that sometime

But, of course! You can break an alliance anytime you feel like it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocy7 POL
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
after my ally and I's fleets destroy the other opposing fleet

From my understanting of rules this isn't posibble

Quote:
“Join / assist”
You can’t join or assist an ally through any rule (e.g. join a battle), you’ll have to formulated your own tactics
to assist others.
Gameplay Rulebook page 8

but you can always attack an ally after he wins the fight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, the game allows for backstabbing indeed... so I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment from the alliance cards and alliance options
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.