Popular Tags: [View All]
Vangelis Papajohn
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi everyone.

I have a couple of questions, just to make sure:

1) In the reinforcement phace, can the Greek player e.g. place in Tarentum the 2 CU reinforcements received from Syracuse ?(a path CANNOT be traced in this case) I suppose it is irrelevant which city generates the reinforcement when placing it, as long as a path can be traced to ANY reinforcement space. Correct?

2) When playing the "Caudine forks" event, does the restriction of 10 CU when moving apply to this case as well? It doesn't look that way.

3) Can a third power attack a besieging force if there are ENEMY CU inside the city? (It is clear that this cannot happen if the city is allied to that power.)

4) What happens when a Gallic force that successfully raids is also annihilated in the process?

Thanks in advance
Vangelis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Harbert-Ierfino
msg tools
Hi Vangelis, in response to your questions this is what I've gleaned from the rules.

1.) Your total reinforcements is tallied from all of your home reinforcement spaces and then placed however you wish, in a friendly space that is free of enemy cu, as long as you can trace a path of friendly spaces to un-besieged reinforcement space. So in your example you could place the cu that you receive from Syracuse in Tarentum or any other friendly space for that matter.

2.) The event says "place" so it is not movement and therefore not restricted by the 10 cu moving limit.

3.) Yes a third power can attack an army that is currently besieging a city. If the third power wins then they become the besieging army, if they lose then the besieging army remains. The army trapped inside the city, if any, does not participate in the battle. As a side note you can usd a campaign event to activate an allied army to act as a flanking force for an army trapped in a city.

4.) The Gallic player would add a plunder marker to the plunder track at the expense of their army.

I hope that answered your questions. I will be rereading those sections of the rules I'll post if I find out I was wrong on something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.