Subject: New Player Mat / Game Help Guide rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on experience (and the relative confusion of some of the players) of the past weekend playing the game, I wanted to make a new Player Mat that gives players a quick guide on everything *THEY* can do in the game.

This Mat is not intended to be a quick guide to all rules of the game. It does not explain Track Cards, random events etc. Only things the player will be interaction with on a turn by turn basis.

It also has a run-down board to show how many 'Cards to play' a player has. They will re-set this during refill phase and move their token down whenever they play a lap card or action card until 0. If their turn ends with more actions remaining, they will put it at 0 so we know that their turn is over.

The idea is for newer players not familiar with the rules to be able to jump in relatively quickly using the player mat provided. The Discard pile can be placed in the 'card' area if the player no longer needs it for reference.

This is still a work in progress with more things to be added, but please provide any feedback you wish!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Paschoalin
Brazil
Santo André
SP
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting concept. I don't have much to add now, but I just think there's too much text in this aid. Yet I don't see a way to shorten the descriptions.

Btw, note a Two-Wide MAY prevent an Outside Pass. If you use two-lane racing on a normal wide track (one passing lane between the racing lanes), a car on the outer lane may play a Two-Wide card in HIS inside. It'll prevent Inside Passes on his lane, and Outside Passes on the other lane.

See:

Car2-Car4-Car6

Car1-Car3-Car5

Car 4 plays a Two-Wide car.

Car2-Car4-Car6
TwWi
Car1-Car3-Car5

Car 6 can't use a Pass Inside against Car 4 AND Car 5 can't use a Pass Outside against Car 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Understood. My gaming group is still trying to learn the base game without the add-ons, and that is what the mat is designed for now.

Its got about half the text of the current "Quick Guide" available on this site, and is about 1/20th the size of the actual game rules, so i'm hoping this will ease the transition for players who have never played to understanding the game without reading every page of the rules before trying it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.