Favourite Overlord Deck
Magus
Warlord
Saboteur
Punisher
Infector
      69 answers
Poll created by Masterchief1

I realize that people mix things up and you may use some combo of Magus and Warlord etc. If you have thought on single cards/favourite cards, please give us your thoughts

Poll
Basic I or Basic II
Basic I
Basic II
      58 answers
Poll created by Masterchief1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not so surprised of the results thus far, meaning Warlord and Basic I.. : )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm surprised Warlord still remains the most popular despite the errata to Reinforce. I find Punisher in particular much better overall, and Diabolic Power is up there with Blood Bargaining for best card IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did vote for Basic 2, however I do have some qualms about it. Dash is far better than the movement card in Basic 2. Getting an extra movement action rather than relying on two failed skills rolls on the warrior is far superior. The only benefit is that you just gain movement points instead of an action, which gets around immobilize. Heroes usually don't immobilize though, so it's not such a big deal.

Lack of movement hindering cards. Sure, Grease Trap is good, and is much easier to trigger than it's counterparts, but you are usually just propelling them exactly where they want to go (forwards). You also only get one of them. I would rather just have Pit Traps and Tripwires, and slowly filter them out as I get better cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanLuc wrote:
I'm surprised Warlord still remains the most popular despite the errata to Reinforce.

2x Blood Rage and Expert Blow is some sickly damage potential. While Warlord is my favourite, I've actually skipped it in later campaigns for being downright too powerful. Though nothing quite does it for me like an Act II Master Shadow Dragon with Frenzy + Blood Rage devil . Four potential Fire Breaths dealing in general 8-10 dmg, I'll take it.

Still haven't decided if I'll add LoR, but regarding Basic II, I think I would have a very hard time without my Basic I staple, Dark Fortune blush .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, lack of Dark Fortune is the #1 biggest issue with Basic II. Can't believe they didn't allow for something like that, or at least allow you to buy the other Basic deck's cards for 1 XP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the poll did ask for "favorite" and not "best," so I picked Punisher. I mostly like it because it gives me something to do during the heroes' turns, and also because it's great against heroes who fatigue-move a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, so, a year later, do we have a new deck type to add with nerekhall? I might be wrong there... I thought there was. Opions on it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Wionzek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The guys I play with are ALL ABOUT Fatigue Move. Like they're pretty much always running near-max Fatigue.

So I'm going to start playing Punisher and making all those "chase" quests punish them super-hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runescience wrote:
ok, so, a year later, do we have a new deck type to add with nerekhall? I might be wrong there... I thought there was. Opions on it?

You are right. They added the Shadowmancer class for the Overlord. It's pretty cool. I was actually planning to go that route, but the above poster mentioning fatigue move hits close to home.

Going to look closer at Punisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Wionzek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WonderSlug wrote:
You are right. They added the Shadowmancer class for the Overlord. It's pretty cool. I was actually planning to go that route, but the above poster mentioning fatigue move hits close to home.

Going to look closer at Punisher.

Web Trap saved my bacon in the back half of the last campaign, because it was free Immobilize on 3/4 of the party due to having 1/2 Might.

But No Rest for the Wicked is even better, I think, because so many missions are about movement for the OL just as much as the Heroes.

No Rest for the Wicked could have won me 2-3 missions alone, when I'd suddenly get to walk 10+ extra spaces in a single turn as the entire team Fatigue-moves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragoonkin wrote:
No Rest for the Wicked could have won me 2-3 missions alone, when I'd suddenly get to walk 10+ extra spaces in a single turn as the entire team Fatigue-moves.

While that sounds lovely, what ends up happening instead is that your heroes just stop fatigue-moving during that round. Still great, but not as great as you getting to move a bunch toward your objective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Dragoonkin wrote:

While that sounds lovely, what ends up happening instead is that your heroes just stop fatigue-moving during that round. Still great, but not as great as you getting to move a bunch toward your objective.

While that is true, stopping heroes from fatigue moving is really cool. Especially if you play against heroes like Serena, who move mainly with fatigue.

You probably are also stopping them from performing important actions this turn, as they probably lack range... Or you get free movement points because they desperately need to do those important actions. This card leaves heroes to make decisions based on situation, and sometimes they might decide that you moving isn't as bad as they don't moving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.