Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I already have Dominion + 1 expansion, a good friend has Thunderstone.
Now, do I need Trains also?
Vasel says it's gonnna replace domion for him, as it has all Dominion has to give + more. Do you agree?

2) Looking for a new racing game.
Have stubled upon three new ones:
- Mush Mush - snow tails 2
- Leader1 hell of north
- Formula E

Does anybody know anything about those games already (maybe playtested)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on what you mean by Dominion. I see you have only Dominion base game and I think Trains could replace this - similar card pool size, but published later so they could benefit from designer looking at how people receive Dominion, also Trains have additional board with things happening there.

On the other hand I don't believe Trains can replace what (for me at least) is true Dominion - with all expansions mixed, varied gameplay because of this, many different mechanics and a new riddle every time you play. Base set of 25 Dominion cards can be played to death, full set of 205 cannot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias R.
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hsiale wrote:

On the other hand I don't believe Trains can replace what (for me at least) is true Dominion - with all expansions mixed, varied gameplay because of this, many different mechanics and a new riddle every time you play. Base set of 25 Dominion cards can be played to death, full set of 205 cannot.

I think Vasel has pretty much everything of Dominion you can get. His Dominion-box is HUGE And he loves it... so I'm quite surprised he said that. I will check out Trains immediately

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.