Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Negh'var expansion pack came with rules and a token for a space station. Can we have more of those, please?

Tokens, scenarios, and rules for starbases, mining facilities, research stations, outposts, and such. More interactive and fun terrain pieces.

And try to include such for specific races, like a Klingon outpost, a Romulan research station, a Federation starbase, a Cardassian mining facility, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the first mission we got a wormhole, mines, and DS9, and with the next mission we're getting a new planet and those nifty Cardassian weapons platforms, so I'm hopeful that we're going to continue to see cool little cardboard bits continue. But I agree, the more the better. I'd like a planet with night-time cities on it.

If they do another OP campaign maybe we'll get a Borg transwarp conduit or structure of some sort. A starbase like this one would also work well as a large token:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Gash
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I don't think the OP event stuff counts, tbh. Only half the people who play get it, and that's just the people lucky enough to get to an event. :-/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's true on the availability end, but everybody who participated got a DS9 and all that. Just the ship was for winning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like these space station tokens for expansions and for OP events. Expansion scenario tokens would be smaller than what could be included in OP but, as stated, at least everyone would have access to them.

Setting up mining facilities and starbases and research stations would be especially fun in linked scenario campaigns with Dominion players setting up and defending Jem'hadar cloning facilities and Klingons attacking Federation outposts and the Borg assimiliating mining colonies, etc.

Just adds to the fun and having official rules, tokens, and scenarios for such is handy when meeting players for even casual games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I have tried for some of these tokens is to get old Star Trek CCG cards (especially foils) and try to cut-and-paste them onto said items to make them 'pop' more. I did that with 2 foil Scimitar cards so I'd have different Scimitar tokens. I tried that for 2x Toreth captain skill tokens and it worked nice, but the tokens are too fat to get into the slots on the bases now.

You can also go the other route and get miniatures/Micro Machines to use. I know there are Micro Machines-sized DS9 and K-7 figures. I've come across a couple other Radcliffe pewter and FASA miniatures, although they are more expensive.

Then of course you can always find a picture you like and print/cut it yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Campaign rule idea:

On a risk-style campaign map, place certain facility tokens. Everyone starts with a starbase, a mining colony, a research facility, fleet academy, space station, outpost, etc.

If you lose a specific one during the campaign there is a specific consequence:

Lose starbase - all your ships start with one point of damage (to simulate lack of repairs)

Lose mining facility - your ships cannot have weapon upgrades (to simulate lack of minerals to make warhead explosives).

Lose research facilities - your ships cannot equip tech upgrades.

Lose fleet academy - your ships cannot have crew upgrades.

Some facilities have a benefit you don't want to lose:

Nor-class space station - +5 SP to your fleet build in every battle (to simulate the extra resources from trade).

Listening Outpost - your fleet gets a free movement phase before the game starts (to simulate the benefit of good intelligence assets).

Anyhoo, there are some fun campaign ideas for facilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.