mbmbmbmbmb
My Proposed Aliens - Part 3

Links for the other parts:
Part 1
Part 2

-------------------------------------------------

PARANOID
Worsens Opponent’s Hands

You have the power to Panic. As a main player, after you lose an encounter but after compensation (if any) is collected, you may use this power to give cards of your choice from your hand to the opposing main player, up to the same number of ships that he or she had in the encounter.

When you fail to make a deal, you may use this power to give cards from your hand to your opponent, up to the same number of ships that he or she had in the encounter.
Main Player Only Optional Resolution

History: When facing defeat in the battlefield, the Paranoids uproar in mass hysteria, surrendering all of their riches to the victors. Cosmic conquerors that wage war against them are never sure if the glory of victory overrides the burden of dominating and governing this demented and psychotic race.

Wild: As a main player, after you lose an encounter in which you revealed an attack card, you may discard a number of cards up to the same number of ships that you had in the encounter.
Main Player Only Resolution

Super: At the start of any other player’s turn, if that player has at least a colony in your home system you may force him or her to discard one non-encounter card of his or her choice.
Not Offense Start Turn

PHOBOS
Vacates Planets

You have the power of Fear. As the offense, after the hyperspace gate is aimed, use this power to force all ships from the opposing main player on the targeted planet to be relocated to other colonies of his or her choice. If the player has no other colonies, the ships go to the warp.

As the defense, use this power to force the opposing main player to place only one ship in the hyperspace gate when attacking you in any of your home or foreign colonies.
Main Player Only Mandatory Launch

History: The monstrous Phobos roam across the Cosmos, devouring the fear of lesser races and absorbing their nightmares. Battle-hardened veterans and mighty armadas choose the dishonor of deserting instead of the dementing horror of facing the Phobos.

Wild: As a main player, after alliances are formed, you may force one opposing ally to withdraw from the encounter.
Main Player Only Alliance

Super: As the offense, after the hyperspace gate is aimed, all ships from the opposing main player on the targeted planet are sent to the warp.
Offense Only Launch

POLITICIAN
Proposes Card Changes

You have the power to Legislate. At the start of you turn you may use this power to make a proposal. You may propose that any specific card (e.g. attack 10) will be changed to any other card (e.g. Cosmic Zap). This power cannot affect flares. Each player that wishes to vote selects an attack card with the listed value representing number of votes. Players declare if they’re voting for or against the proposal, afterwards all cards are revealed simultaneously and the votes are summed. In case of tie the proposal is approved. Attack cards used for voting are discarded except yours that returns to your hand.

Any approved proposal remains active until a new proposal is approved. Cards changed by an approved proposal are subject to any effect that affects their new status.
Offense Only Optional Start Turn

History: A race of slimy creatures with an acquired taste for expensive outfits and exceptional self-promotion skills, the Politicians rose to power in their sector by either making ludicrous promises to their foes or by debating them to death. Now, with their plans set in motion, they can start campaigning throughout the Cosmos.

Wild: After encounter cards are revealed, you may send three of your ships to the warp, to treat all attack cards played this encounter as negotiate cards. The main players must then attempt to make a deal. Afterwards, give this flare to the Politician. If the Politician is not playing, discard this flare to use it.
As Any Player Start Turn

Super: You may make a new proposal at the start of any other player’s turn.
Not Offense Start Turn

PORTAL
Uses Attacks As Rifts

You have the power to Rift. At the start of any turn, you may use this power to play one or more attack cards ranging from 01 to 06 as if they were rift cards of their listed value.

Whenever another player takes a card ranging from 01 to 06 from your hand, you may use this power to force that player to lose its listed value of ships of his or her choice to the warp. The card is then discarded.
As Any Player Optional Any Phase

History: Living breaches in the fabric of spacetime, the Portals were fashioned to interlink the worlds of their creators. Turning their native expertise to military tactics, they ejected their makers from the cosmos. Able to salvage any fleet from the brink of destruction or lure the most formidable foe into the depths of the warp, the Portals now seek to make themselves coterminous with all of reality.

Wild: At the start of any turn, you may play one attack card ranging from 01 to 06 as if it was a rift card of its listed value.
As Any Player Start Turn

Super: As a main player, before cards are selected, you may send up to two opposing ships to the warp and retrieve up to two of your ships from the warp, placing them directly on your side of the encounter (even exceeding the normal maximum of four).
Main Player Only Planning

History improved by Darth Thulhu.

PRAETOR
Sells Foreign Colonies

Game Setup: Use half as many ships as usual.

You have the power of Conquest. As a main player or ally, each of your ships adds 10 to your side’s total in an encounter instead of 1.

At the start of another player’s turn use this power to try to sell one of your foreign colonies, of your choice, to the player whose turn is starting. To accept your offer, the player must offer you an artifact in return. If he decides to do so, your ships on the sold colony are returned to any of your other colonies and replaced by up to four ships from the buyer.
Not Offense Mandatory Start Turn

History: The Praetors are a race of prodigious warriors, however, millennia of cosmic warfare dramatically reduced their population. To sustain their empire, they now operate on a delicate balance between conquering new worlds and selling them for large profits.

Wild: At the start of your turn you may discard one card of you choice to establish a colony in any of your home planets with up to four ships. Afterwards, give this flare to the Praetor. If the Praetor is not playing, discard this flare to use it.
Offense Only Start Turn

Super: At the start of your turn you may bring two of your unused ships to the game and place them on any of your colonies. Alternatively, you may discard this flare to return all your ships from the warp.
Offense Only Start Turn

PRODIGY
Uses Selected Cards

You have the power of Virtue. At the start of any turn, if you have four or less cards in your hand, you may use this power to discard all cards and draw a new hand.
As Any Player Optional Start Turn

History: Having achieved an unimaginable level of development and mastering domains that other races cannot begin to understand, the Prodigies spawn valuable resources from where others only see void.

Wild: At the start of any turn, you may discard one card from your hand.
As Any Player Start Turn

Super: At the start of any turn, if you have six or less cards, you may discard your entire hand, except this flare and draw a new eight cards hand.
As Any Player Start Turn

PROFITEER
Can Switch Cards After Reveal

You have the power of Profiteering. As a main player, if both players reveal attack cards and their combined listed value (ignoring modifiers) is greater than or equal to 20, you may use this power to switch the revealed attacks cards.

In addition, you may use this power to make any negotiate card revealed by you, have the same effect of a crooked deal.
Main Player Only Optional Reveal

History: With major interests in the arms industry, controlling a network of intergalactic lobbies, pressure groups, and crooked politicians, the Profiteers only need one thing to fuel their business, war.

Wild: As a main player, before cards are selected, you may force your opponent to discard one card of any type, except encounter cards. You may look through these cards and add one of them to your hand.

Super: You may use your power to switch cards if the revealed attack cards combined listed value (ignoring modifiers) is greater than or equal to 15.
Main Player Only Reveal

RECYCLER
Salvages New Hands

You have the power to Reprocess. At the start of any turn, you may use this power to take the top card of either the cosmic deck or reward deck discard piles and place it on this sheet.

If you have at least eight cards on this sheet, you may use this power to discard your hand and receive an eight-card hand of your choice from this sheet.
If another player needs a new hand, you may use this power to give him or her three cards of your choice from this sheet. Then, that player receives the remainder cards from the cosmic deck.

When a cosmic quake occurs, all cards on this sheet return to the respective decks.
As Any Player Optional Any Phase

Wild: As a main player, before cards are selected, if the top card of the cosmic deck's discard pile is an encounter card, you may take it and add it to your hand.

Super: As a main player or ally, if your side wins the encounter you may take the top card of either the cosmic deck or reward deck discard piles and place it on this sheet.
Main Player or Ally Only Resolution

RESISTANCE
Demands Card or Loss of Colony

You have the power to Withstand. As a main player, after losing an encounter in which you played an attack card, you may use this power to demand one non-encounter card from the opposing main player. If your opponent refuses or is unable to comply, he or she must abandon a home or foreign colony, sending his or her ships to any of their other colonies.

After a deal is made, you may use this power to discard any attack card from your hand to cancel the deal. The dealing players suffer the penalties for a failed deal.
Main Player Only Optional Resolution

Wild: At the start of your turn, you may you may immediately re-establish a colony on one of your home planets with one of your ships. Your ship coexists with any ships already on the planet.
Offense Only Start Turn

Super: At the start of any other player’s turn, you may send one of your ships to the warp to force that player to lose 3 ships of his or her choice to the warp.
Not Offense Start Turn

SIDEKICK
Offers Hand to Main Player

You have the power of Assistance. As an ally, before encounter cards are selected, you may use this power to draw an additional hand, the sidekick hand, and look at it. Offer the sidekick hand to the main player you are allied with. He or she cannot look at it before accepting it.

If the player accepts the sidekick hand, he or she sets aside his or her hand and uses the sidekick hand for the remainder of the encounter. At the end of the encounter, the player takes back the hand that was set aside and gives you the sidekick hand. You may then add one card from the sidekick hand to your own. Afterwards, discard the sidekick hand.

If the player decides not to use the sidekick hand, that hand is immediately discarded.
Ally Only Optional Planning

History: Evolving in a remote galaxy, the rather talentless Sidekicks developed the strange habits of wearing weird costumes, lacking presence and making obvious remarks for comic relief. The other races quickly realized that with the Sidekicks on their side they could really stand out.

Wild: As a main player, before encounter cards are selected, you may ask an ally on your side to give you one encounter card. If he refuses, you may force him to remove his or her ships from the encounter to any of his or her colonies.

Super: As an ally, you may play one attack card of any value as if it was a reinforcement card.
Ally Only Reveal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
↓ first, last name ↓
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
PARANOID
Interesting. The flip-side of Barbarian. I'm not sure why the power should apply on a failed deal. I guess you just like lopsided deals. I'm not sure if "paranoid" and "power to panic" really goes with this ability. It matches somewhat, but there might be a better name. Also, the Super has nothing to do with the power. It seems to me that the Super should be something like, "When using your power, you may give up to twice the usual number of cards," or "After using your power, you may discard any number of additional cards from your hand."

PHOBOS
Yuck. The defense always loses his colony (even if he wins), and the offense only gets to launch one ship. A hose to Disease, Virus, Barbarian, Cudgel, Vacuum, Hacker, Ethic, etc. All at no cost to Phobos. Really annoying. Compare to Amoeba - who can have the same, or even bigger ship advantage, but with some risk. Compare also to Guerrilla.

POLITICIAN
Interesting, but has the potential for a lot of rules problems. Since you get your vote card back, you can really become strong if you get a high card. If you have a 20, say, you can say that all 30's are now 04's. Other players have to burn high cards to stop you, win which case they no longer have them, or they don't stop you, in which case they no longer have 30's. And you get your 20 back. Wild seems too weak for a one-shot. It's an Emotion Control that you have to sacrifice ships to use.

PORTAL
Not bad! Similar to Reserve. "Power to Rift" sounds a little off. Super seems a little too removed from the power. I'd suggest something like: "When you play one of your "Rifts" you may retrieve less than the number of ships from the warp. When another player takes a rift from you, you may retrieve ships from the warp, in addition to that player losing ships."

PRAETOR
Eons ago, I created a power sort of like this as a new spin on the Macron. You have half as many ships, but they're each worth 10, and you can only send one to an encounter. You didn't even include the restriction - did you mean to? Otherwise, he can have +40 on pretty much every encounter as offense. I don't see why you'd ever want to sell a foreign colony (which is what you want for victory) for an Artifact. And I don't see what "Praetor", "Conquest" and the power have to do with each other. And notice how powerful the Super is, especially considering that other players using the Wild will have to give you the flare.

PRODIGY
Sort of like Mayfair's Connoisseur, or the power they were planning on releasing in their next expansion, that never came out: the Exponent. The Exponent drew a hand of ten cards (the normal hand size was seven at the time), and could draw a new hand after going down to three. I made a revised version to go along with FFG's 8-card hand size, which I called "Dozen" - it draws a hand of twelve cards, and when it is down to four or fewer, it may either draw back up to twelve or discard the hand and draw twelve. I think that may be better than this Prodigy, which uses half of it's 8-card hand. Also, "Prodigy", "Virtue", and the ability don't seem to quite go together. (And of course my own pet peeve is perturbed by the proliferation of powers that start with 'P'.)

PROFITEER
A more powerful version of Sorcerer. No thanks. Wild is written weirdly - "...discard one card...look through these cards..."

RECYCLER
Not bad. Though it brings up the issue of discarding order that we just discussed recently.

RESISTANCE
Weird. The first part is very annoying, and the second part is almost useless. How often is it worth it to Quash your own deal just to dump a low Attack card? Compare to all the other "revenge" powers - Vacuum, Ethic, Guerrilla, etc.

SIDEKICK
Interesting! Possibly a good replacement for the rather weak Fido. Or the Force. Super is basically the Cavalry's power. I'd suggest making the Super: "If you player refuses the sidekick hand, you may still take one card from it into your hand. If he accepts the hand, you may take two cards from it."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
PARANOID
Interesting. The flip-side of Barbarian. I'm not sure why the power should apply on a failed deal. I guess you just like lopsided deals. I'm not sure if "paranoid" and "power to panic" really goes with this ability. It matches somewhat, but there might be a better name. Also, the Super has nothing to do with the power. It seems to me that the Super should be something like, "When using your power, you may give up to twice the usual number of cards," or "After using your power, you may discard any number of additional cards from your hand."

The Super is associated to the alien history. Forcing other players to discard on non-encounter card represents the cost or burden of dominating and governing the Paranoids.

I like your suggestions for the Super, they are more in tune with the power. I thought of similar effects but I decided that giving Paranoid the possibility to discard additional cards wasn't a great benefit so I picked something different.

Phil Fleischmann wrote:
PHOBOS
Yuck. The defense always loses his colony (even if he wins), and the offense only gets to launch one ship. A hose to Disease, Virus, Barbarian, Cudgel, Vacuum, Hacker, Ethic, etc. All at no cost to Phobos. Really annoying. Compare to Amoeba - who can have the same, or even bigger ship advantage, but with some risk. Compare also to Guerrilla.

The ship advantage is a minor bonus. His true power is making other players lose their home colonies (as the offense). I like this power a lot and I have used it quite a few times, it's not overpowered. There are many powers that force players to lose colonies like Shadow, Bully, Saboteur, etc. Phobos only makes them lose home colonies. One of the consequences is that other players may have to forfeit one or two encounters to re-establish home bases.

Phil Fleischmann wrote:
POLITICIAN
Interesting, but has the potential for a lot of rules problems. Since you get your vote card back, you can really become strong if you get a high card. If you have a 20, say, you can say that all 30's are now 04's. Other players have to burn high cards to stop you, win which case they no longer have them, or they don't stop you, in which case they no longer have 30's. And you get your 20 back. Wild seems too weak for a one-shot. It's an Emotion Control that you have to sacrifice ships to use.

In your example, only the player with the 30 would be interested in voting to stop Politician’s proposal. Also, if the Politician keeps saving his 20 to vote, he will be unable to use that card in an encounter, therefore, there is a price to pay.

Regarding the wild, you may be right, maybe I'll reduce the number of ships lost to the warp or remove the loss of ships altogether.

Phil Fleischmann wrote:
PORTAL
Not bad! Similar to Reserve. "Power to Rift" sounds a little off. Super seems a little too removed from the power. I'd suggest something like: "When you play one of your "Rifts" you may retrieve less than the number of ships from the warp. When another player takes a rift from you, you may retrieve ships from the warp, in addition to that player losing ships."

This is another case of a Super that is linked to the alien story: "Able to salvage any fleet from the brink of destruction or lure the most formidable foe into the depths of the warp...".

Initially, the Super allowed him to use attack cards up to 08 but I felt that it was too much. Again, I thought that something different would be more interesting.

Phil Fleischmann wrote:
PRAETOR
Eons ago, I created a power sort of like this as a new spin on the Macron. You have half as many ships, but they're each worth 10, and you can only send one to an encounter. You didn't even include the restriction - did you mean to? Otherwise, he can have +40 on pretty much every encounter as offense. I don't see why you'd ever want to sell a foreign colony (which is what you want for victory) for an Artifact. And I don't see what "Praetor", "Conquest" and the power have to do with each other. And notice how powerful the Super is, especially considering that other players using the Wild will have to give you the flare.

There's no restriction for Praetor, he can send four ships as usual. He receives +40 but that means he only has 6 ships elsewhere. He is supposed to win most of his encounters.

His power is actually a bane, note that it is mandatory. He is not interested in selling his colonies, in fact, he will cosmic zap himself whenever possible. The gist of the power is being able to obtain foreign colonies easily but then having to forfeit some of them to other players. I don’t think that the Super is too strong considering that it only works at the start of his turn. The Super is supposed to represent population growth.

Phil Fleischmann wrote:
PROFITEER
A more powerful version of Sorcerer. No thanks. Wild is written weirdly - "...discard one card...look through these cards..."

It may seem similar to Sorcerer but in practice it's not. The power works as a great deterrent for other players and unless they have a cosmic zap they will use lower attack cards against the Profiteer.
The wild says: "force your opponent to discard one card of any type, except encounter cards... ". The opponent may, for example, discard one flare, one artifact and one kicker, that's why I used the plural.

Phil Fleischmann wrote:
RECYCLER
Not bad. Though it brings up the issue of discarding order that we just discussed recently.

Yes, it is an interesting discussion. To me, the only thing that makes sense is discarding the cards in the order they were played. If a reinforcement +3 was the last card to be played in an encounter, that card becomes the top card of the discard pile.

Phil Fleischmann wrote:
RESISTANCE
Weird. The first part is very annoying, and the second part is almost useless. How often is it worth it to Quash your own deal just to dump a low Attack card? Compare to all the other "revenge" powers - Vacuum, Ethic, Guerrilla, etc.

You find the first part annoying? All other players have to do is save a non-encounter card for an eventual encounter with the Resistance. If they do so, it is certainly not as bad as having your hand raided by the Barbarian or your best cards stolen by the Hacker.

Regarding the second part, I made a mistake. Resistance's player prerequisite is As Any Player instead of Main Player Only. Resistance can use his power to quash other player's deals. He can quash his own deals without having to discard anything (like every other alien).

Phil Fleischmann wrote:
SIDEKICK
Interesting! Possibly a good replacement for the rather weak Fido. Or the Force. Super is basically the Cavalry's power. I'd suggest making the Super: "If you player refuses the sidekick hand, you may still take one card from it into your hand. If he accepts the hand, you may take two cards from it."

Yes, the Super is similar to Cavalry, but Cavalry works before cards are revealed and Super Sidekick works after cards are revealed. I though about it at the time, but it was so thematic that I couldn't help myself. Your suggestion is pretty good though; I'll think about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
↓ first, last name ↓
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon Gon wrote:

Phil Fleischmann wrote:
PHOBOS
Yuck. The defense always loses his colony (even if he wins),

The ship advantage is a minor bonus. His true power is making other players lose their home colonies (as the offense). I like this power a lot and I have used it quite a few times, it's not overpowered. There are many powers that force players to lose colonies like Shadow, Bully, Saboteur, etc. Phobos only makes them lose home colonies. One of the consequences is that other players may have to forfeit one or two encounters to re-establish home bases.

Shadow only causes colony loss if there is only one ship on the colony.
Bully only causes colony loss if he wins the encounter, and the colony(s) are sufficiently weak.
Saboteur *might* destroy a colony, or not.
Phobos, on the other hand *always* removes a colony without having to win, regardless of the strength of the colony, and without even costing anything.

Quote:
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
PRAETOR

His power is actually a bane, note that it is mandatory. He is not interested in selling his colonies, in fact, he will cosmic zap himself whenever possible. The gist of the power is being able to obtain foreign colonies easily but then having to forfeit some of them to other players.

Whoops! I missed that it was a use, and not a may use. In this case, it might even be too weak.

Quote:
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
PROFITEER

It may seem similar to Sorcerer but in practice it's not. The power works as a great deterrent for other players and unless they have a cosmic zap they will use lower attack cards against the Profiteer.

...and lose. So they play a high card and it gets switched so they lose, or they play a low card and it doesn't get switched so they lose. Too powerful.

Quote:
The wild says: "force your opponent to discard one card of any type, except encounter cards... ". The opponent may, for example, discard one flare, one artifact and one kicker, that's why I used the plural.

So you didn't mean "one card of any type", you meant "one card of each type". Way too powerful. A free Plague every time you're a main player, and you get one of the cards. You eventually acquire all the flares. No one else ever gets to play a Kicker. You get all of Praetor's colonies.

Quote:
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
RESISTANCE

You find the first part annoying? All other players have to do is save a non-encounter card for an eventual encounter with the Resistance. If they do so, it is certainly not as bad as having your hand raided by the Barbarian or your best cards stolen by the Hacker.

Barbarian has to win to get your cards, and then you get a new hand. Hacker targets the player he thinks has a good hand, and if you have a lousy hand, that's all he gets. With Resistance, everyone quickly runs out of non-encounter cards and then starts losing colonies. Remember: losing colonies = longer game.

Quote:
Regarding the second part, I made a mistake. Resistance's player prerequisite is As Any Player instead of Main Player Only. Resistance can use his power to quash other player's deals. He can quash his own deals without having to discard anything (like every other alien).

Even worse. No one can ever make a deal, except with you. Why would you ever let two other players make a mutually beneficial deal? Especially when you can hurt them both while helping yourself! And you would almost always use your power in a deal situation if you didn't want to make the deal - the only reason you wouldn't is if all your Attack cards are good.

Quote:
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
SIDEKICK
Super is basically the Cavalry's power. I'd suggest making the Super: "If you player refuses the sidekick hand, you may still take one card from it into your hand. If he accepts the hand, you may take two cards from it."

Yes, the Super is similar to Cavalry, but Cavalry works before cards are revealed and Super Sidekick works after cards are revealed. I though about it at the time, but it was so thematic that I couldn't help myself. Your suggestion is pretty good though; I'll think about it.

Right. That makes it even *more* powerful than Cavalry - that's probably not a good idea for a wild flare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
Jon Gon wrote:
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
PHOBOS
Yuck. The defense always loses his colony (even if he wins),

Shadow only causes colony loss if there is only one ship on the colony.
Bully only causes colony loss if he wins the encounter, and the colony(s) are sufficiently weak.
Saboteur *might* destroy a colony, or not.
Phobos, on the other hand *always* removes a colony without having to win, regardless of the strength of the colony, and without even costing anything.

Shadow sends one ship to the warp each encounter, eventually forcing the loss of home and foreign colonies.
Bully needs to win, but it works as defense and offense, it removes home and foreign colonies and sends ships to the warp. Sometimes it can even remove multiple colonies in an encounter.
When Saboteur works, it removes home and foreign colonies and it sends ships to the warp. It can also remove multiple colonies with one trap.
Phobos can only remove home colonies as the offense and it doesn't cause loss of ships. I cannot find it overpowered.

Phil Fleischmann wrote:
Jon Gon wrote:
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
PROFITEER

...and lose. So they play a high card and it gets switched so they lose, or they play a low card and it doesn't get switched so they lose. Too powerful.

Not necessarily, it is very possible to win encounters with an attack 06 or 08 (or lower). Players will have to be more inclined to invite allies when facing Profiteer, because he can only switch based on the combined listed value of the cards.

Phil Fleischmann wrote:
Jon Gon wrote:

So you didn't mean "one card of any type", you meant "one card of each type". Way too powerful. A free Plague every time you're a main player, and you get one of the cards. You eventually acquire all the flares. No one else ever gets to play a Kicker. You get all of Praetor's colonies.

Yes, that's what I meant. I agree that it may be too powerful. I will probably change it.

Phil Fleischmann wrote:
Jon Gon wrote:
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
RESISTANCE

Barbarian has to win to get your cards, and then you get a new hand. Hacker targets the player he thinks has a good hand, and if you have a lousy hand, that's all he gets. With Resistance, everyone quickly runs out of non-encounter cards and then starts losing colonies. Remember: losing colonies = longer game.

I think that you're exaggerating. It is only one non-encounter and only when Resistance loses. If he is taking all non-encounter cards from all other players then he is losing a lot. He will probably end up losing his power and the game. Also, if players don't have a non-encounter card they may forfeit a home colony instead of a foreign colony.

Phil Fleischmann wrote:
Jon Gon wrote:

Even worse. No one can ever make a deal, except with you. Why would you ever let two other players make a mutually beneficial deal? Especially when you can hurt them both while helping yourself! And you would almost always use your power in a deal situation if you didn't want to make the deal - the only reason you wouldn't is if all your Attack cards are good.

Yes, that's the spirit. There can be no peace while the Resistance retains its power. Players that want to make a deal without him must use a zap. Note that if you waste all attack cards quashing deals you can be stuck with a hand full of negotiates.

Phil Fleischmann wrote:
Jon Gon wrote:
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
SIDEKICK
Super is basically the Cavalry's power. I'd suggest making the Super: "If you player refuses the sidekick hand, you may still take one card from it into your hand. If he accepts the hand, you may take two cards from it."

Right. That makes it even *more* powerful than Cavalry - that's probably not a good idea for a wild flare.

It's not the wild it is the Super. I'm not very bothered if it is stronger that Cavalry but I agree that there may be better options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.