Subject: Epic Session rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pixxel Wizzard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to post this to the "Session" thread but an admin declined my submission for some reason (???). I was so excited about it I just had to post it somewhere.

2 player game with Kingpin as the mastermind and Secret Invasion of the Skrull Shapeshifters was the scheme. Right off the bat we get hit with multiple heroes in the city track with 6 or more recruit. At one point we had 4 full arts on the city track! 4 of the first 6 escaped villains are heroes and Kingpin has our backs up against a wall. All seemed lost!!

But then the tide began to turn. Slowly our heroes gained power and fought back against the onslaught of the Skrull invaders. We were even able to stick it to Kingpin 4 times while only allowing one more hero to escape (we use "final blow" rule).

Now there are only 6 cards left in the villain deck, the city track is full, a hero stands poised on the bridge ready to escape and our heroes need one more attack on Kingpin to win. The tension was palpable as we turn over the top card of the villain deck. A master strike! However, Kingpin's final attempt to take us out fails and we end up defeating him and his Skurll minions. An epic battle indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI - some content, like reviews and session reports and images, are approved through community vote in our GeekMod system: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekmod

These things aren't reviewed by site administrators. Instead, the result of the community voting determines whether it should be approved or declined. That's what happened here.

I've moved this to the Sessions folder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pixxel Wizzard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. I wasn't sure if I had violated some rule, not fulfilled some objective, or just wasn't welcome to post in that area. No reason was given except "not worth gg" which left me confused. What are the quality standards my content is supposed to meet before it gets approved? I found nothing documented anywhere regarding that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pinkled5 wrote:
Ok. I wasn't sure if I had violated some rule, not fulfilled some objective, or just wasn't welcome to post in that area. No reason was given except "not worth gg" which left me confused. What are the quality standards my content is supposed to meet before it gets approved? I found nothing documented anywhere regarding that.

It sounds like you may have checked the box that asks if you think the post is particularly outstanding and deserves extra geekgold. It is easy to do on accident until you get practice. next time just make sure you don't click on that and it will get approved no problem.

It was fun to hear about! Thanks for sharing!

Edit: fixed typo. stupid phone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pixxel Wizzard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
It sounds like you may have checked the box that asks if you think the post is particularly outstanding and deserves extra geekgold.

Nope, I just submitted another post to the session board and was VERY careful to make sure that box wasn't checked. It still gave me the message that my post was pending review, so apparently all posts to the session board qualify for review automatically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.