Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
39 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Lords of Waterdeep: Scoundrels of Skullport» Forums » General

Subject: Any news on reprints/restocks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All the OLGS's I frequent are out of this, with restock dates unknown. We don't have a local store I can use, either. (Yes, I know there are some copies on Amazon, but the prices + shipping are too high for me.)

Does anyone know if the publisher plans to release/print more soon? I can't imagine they'd go through the holiday season without this on the market, but what do I know?

Thoughts? Info? Thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite game store has several copies but they don't have an online presence. You might email them and see if they are willing to ship one to you. It will be normal MSRP plus shipping but its worth a shot if you aren't looking for the mega discount. I put their links below. Good luck! Its a great expansion.

http://www.madnessgames.com/

https://www.facebook.com/madnessgames

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/864

I don't know where you are but they are in Plano, TX.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizards probably started printing a second run while the first run was shipping. I can't see it taking long for them to replenish the stock.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Key West
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any more news on this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine's still preordered on Amazon...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Weaver
United States
242
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Same here hope they get it right this time..
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
mlcarter815 wrote:
Wizards probably started printing a second run while the first run was shipping. I can't see it taking long for them to replenish the stock.
I wonder if they'll correct the issues with the first print or just leave it as is.

This is my primary concern. I have held off from buying it because of the errors and won't buy it until they're fixed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:
mlcarter815 wrote:
Wizards probably started printing a second run while the first run was shipping. I can't see it taking long for them to replenish the stock.
I wonder if they'll correct the issues with the first print or just leave it as is.

This is my primary concern. I have held off from buying it because of the errors and won't buy it until they're fixed.


As someone who owns the game and has played it more times than I can count, it has zero affect on gameplay. Some issues, in fact, are inflated beyond reality (building thickness for example).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
As someone who owns the game and has played it more times than I can count, it has zero affect on gameplay. Some issues, in fact, are inflated beyond reality (building thickness for example).

Thanks for noting that, Donny. If I were on the fence I'd appreciate knowing that.

I don't begrudge any who have bought the expansion and enjoyed it, of course. I just know enough about myself to know that the inverted directions of the quest cards would bug me every time I had to tilt one in my hand after picking it up. I'm looking forward to playing it, but I don't mind holding out for a little more quality control.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
As someone who owns the game and has played it more times than I can count, it has zero affect on gameplay. Some issues, in fact, are inflated beyond reality (building thickness for example).

Thanks for noting that, Donny. If I were on the fence I'd appreciate knowing that.

I don't begrudge any who have bought the expansion and enjoyed it, of course. I just know enough about myself to know that the inverted directions of the quest cards would bug me every time I had to tilt one in my hand after picking it up. I'm looking forward to playing it, but I don't mind holding out for a little more quality control.


I can understand that, definitely. I sleeved mine to make the problem go away (not clear sleeves) but I know that isn't for everyone. It bugged me the first few times but I was planning to sleeve anyway.

I do hope they are able to resolve some issues for those that are holding off - its a must have expansion for the game and I can't imagine playing without it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Argiro
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
My favorite game store has several copies but they don't have an online presence. You might email them and see if they are willing to ship one to you. It will be normal MSRP plus shipping but its worth a shot if you aren't looking for the mega discount. I put their links below. Good luck! Its a great expansion.

http://www.madnessgames.com/

https://www.facebook.com/madnessgames

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/864

I don't know where you are but they are in Plano, TX.



Holy shit! That store is insane. I'm extremely jealous you have a store like that at your disposal!

I'm waiting for this to reappear on Coolstuff or another online retailer. I wish I didn't hesitate on the initial printing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jander78 wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
My favorite game store has several copies but they don't have an online presence. You might email them and see if they are willing to ship one to you. It will be normal MSRP plus shipping but its worth a shot if you aren't looking for the mega discount. I put their links below. Good luck! Its a great expansion.

http://www.madnessgames.com/

https://www.facebook.com/madnessgames

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/864

I don't know where you are but they are in Plano, TX.



Holy shit! That store is insane. I'm extremely jealous you have a store like that at your disposal!

I'm waiting for this to reappear on Coolstuff or another online retailer. I wish I didn't hesitate on the initial printing.



I'm very lucky, its a fantastic store with amazing ownership and staff.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Liu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, my bad, I suppose for not canceling with Amazon and going with someone who had it in stock, but I reached out to Wizards yesterday/today and here's what two reps had to say about a reprint...

"Scoundrels of Skullport turned out to be a very popular expansion which led to it selling out all over the place. At this time I can let you know that a reprint is in the works and should be coming, however I have not yet been given a timeframe as to when. Please keep an eye on wizards.com/dnd for future announcements!"

And when I followed up to ask about the problems with the cards:

"While we haven't made any announcements about the next print run, either a date or anything specific about the cards, I can assure you that we read and take all feedback into consideration."

I'll semi-patiently wait it out (as I'm not playing a whole lot of board games anyway because of busyness). Hope this is helpful for folks in the same boat as me!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean O'Leary
United States
Haddonfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a better response than what I got. They never even acknowledged my email. Still, I'm shocked to hear they don't have any concrete plans for a reprint. I fully expected the reprint to be underway. Why don't they want our money?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
seanjoleary wrote:
I'm shocked to hear they don't have any concrete plans for a reprint. I fully expected the reprint to be underway.


nyphot wrote:


"Scoundrels of Skullport turned out to be a very popular expansion which led to it selling out all over the place. At this time I can let you know that a reprint is in the works and should be coming, however I have not yet been given a timeframe as to when. Please keep an eye on wizards.com/dnd for future announcements!"


That says a reprint is "in the works" but the representative doesn't know when it will be available. Such is the case with most printings when done across the Pacific.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
salem .
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It also didn't look like they're committed to fixing the issues, either.

Reprint where they just tell the factories to do it again are a lot cheaper than one where they'll be trying to fix the issues, as you have to recalibrate, do new proofs and tests, colour match, fiddle around, etc.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Key West
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
salemchrist wrote:
It also didn't look like they're committed to fixing the issues, either.

Reprint where they just tell the factories to do it again are a lot cheaper than one where they'll be trying to fix the issues, as you have to recalibrate, do new proofs and tests, colour match, fiddle around, etc.


I think we're in the realm of conjecture at this point. What is obvious is that it's taking a tad longer to bring to market than a standard 2nd printing. We could just as easily take this to mean that they are taking time to rectify past issues. Only time will tell.

The only thing I am certain of is that SOS will be available for Christmas. I would also be surprised if it isn't available by November 28 (Thanksgiving holiday in the US). That's a very heavy buying time in The States.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, I thought the upside down printing of the quest cards was on purpose
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi Lawless
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ask not for whom the dog barks. It barks for thee.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dblayton wrote:
Mine's still preordered on Amazon...


Ha ha. Me too.

I wonder how many people got burned on that one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
Switzerland
Leysin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in...pre-ordered on July 2nd!!! Never got the damn game! Grrr! And it didn't show at ESSEN! If my wife didn't want this one so much I would to say to hell with it for now! However, she keeps asking and I would really like Amazon to meet their order!



lilacdog wrote:
dblayton wrote:
Mine's still preordered on Amazon...


Ha ha. Me too.

I wonder how many people got burned on that one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jaxommm wrote:
Count me in...pre-ordered on July 2nd!!! Never got the damn game! Grrr! And it didn't show at ESSEN! If my wife didn't want this one so much I would to say to hell with it for now! However, she keeps asking and I would really like Amazon to meet their order!


Can Amazon people not just cancel? Surely just buying it somewhere else (even if it costs a little more) is better than never knowing when you'll get it. I'd rather pay my amazing FLGS (see second post) full retail than wonder when (if ever) I'll see my order.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Can Amazon people not just cancel? Surely just buying it somewhere else (even if it costs a little more) is better than never knowing when you'll get it. I'd rather pay my amazing FLGS (see second post) full retail than wonder when (if ever) I'll see my order.


You can cancel anytime.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I've played the expansion 3 times and never realized anything was wrong with it. Now I'm going to be scrutinizing it and it's going to bother me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played the expansion last night and can't wait to get this game. Luckily, my game store still has the expansion for sale.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
Switzerland
Leysin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My pre-order from July 2 on Amazon is for $22.00, and they are going to pay for the shipping for free because of the delay.

You try to find that deal anywhere else, especially if you live in French-speaking Switzerland!

Oh, I see Amazon.uk is selling it for about $50.00 US and will deliver it in 1 to 3 months (which means it is out of stock there too). Meh!


Worth the wait. I bought 23 games at Essen to enjoy while I do!

But not impressed by the whole situation. It is a huge release and the stock was clearly way under the limit of what was required.

P.S., and of course it will be out fairly soon...I might have to wait until Christmas to play it...but not a big deal!



NuMystic wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
Can Amazon people not just cancel? Surely just buying it somewhere else (even if it costs a little more) is better than never knowing when you'll get it. I'd rather pay my amazing FLGS (see second post) full retail than wonder when (if ever) I'll see my order.


You can cancel anytime.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.