Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had the game for years and play it at least once or twice a year. We played twice over the weekend and a couple of questions came up. I think we played it right but thought I'd check.

Does the player who scores his guilty hunch also get to score his innocent hunch? We played yes he does because that's always been my read of the rules but my first game was a two player game and the other player thought that was too strong.

Since the game wasn't designed for two perhaps that's a valid point. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Also one player played as Caprice with a warrant on Jinteki enabling her to clean up on Jinteki tokens. Is there a way to remove another player's warrant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
mikecl wrote:
I've had the game for years and play it at least once or twice a year. We played twice over the weekend and a couple of questions came up. I think we played it right but thought I'd check.

Does the player who scores his guilty hunch also get to score his innocent hunch? We played yes he does because that's always been my read of the rules but my first game was a two player game and the other player thought that was too strong.

Yes, both get scored, if applicable.

Quote:
Since the game wasn't designed for two perhaps that's a valid point. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Possibly. The game is playable but loses a bit of balance.

Quote:
Also one player played as Caprice with a warrant on Jinteki enabling her to clean up on Jinteki tokens. Is there a way to remove another player's warrant?

Not that I am aware of from memory. Perhaps some of the cards would allow it.

[/q]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
mikecl wrote:
Is there a way to remove another player's warrant?

I remember seeing such a card during our previous play. I'm not sure if it was Rachel's or some-one elses.

For 2 players some people have used 4 suspects, which should spread around the chase for guilty/innocent suspects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
mikecl wrote:
Is there a way to remove another player's warrant?

I remember seeing such a card during our previous play. I'm not sure if it was Rachel's or some-one elses.

For 2 players some people have used 4 suspects, which should spread around the chase for guilty/innocent suspects.

I do that too and lay out extra evidence markers as if there were a third person playing. That may unbalance the game too. I haven't played it with two enough to know for sure.

I am interested though in hearing more from you guys on whether letting the guilty person score his innocent hunch in a two player game is a little too strong as my wife suggested when we played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know for a fact that some events allow you to remove a player's warrant. There may be light/dark cards that do as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
I know for a fact that some events allow you to remove a player's warrant.

That was probably what I was remembering. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The bad branch of Caprice's "Property of Jinteki" plot also makes her persona non grata at Jinteki. It's an uphill battle, though, and that branch only ever resolves on day 3, so you need to decide early on whether it's worth the effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ohbe One
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if you can remove a warrant unless there are cards that do so but more than one player can have a warrant on the same place at one time. I was just looking for the same answer and a few others since I just finished the rules and tried to play last night then had all sorts of questions. I discovered the FAQ on FFG website which gave me this info.
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Android/faq/an...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.