Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Leonard
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Ninjato, you are playing a ninja that will be stealing treasure from the different clans and using the treasure to influence envoys and to gather rumors. The artwork is spectacular on the board and cards and the wooden Shuriken are awesome!

Play
Ninjato is played over 7 rounds where. In each round, Players will be sending their ninja (placing a wooden shuriken) to one of the 5 areas on the board. Each area gives a different action that the player can take.

1) The Dojo is where players will be able to replenish Dojo cards in their hand.
2) The Clan Houses are where a player will attempt to defeat guards (some elite!) to steal treasure and possibly change the clan token on that house.
3) The Palace is where the players will use the treasure to acquire Envoy cards.
4) The Pavilion is where players will use treasure to acquire Rumor cards.
5) The Sensei is where players will acquire skills to use to become more powerful.

After everyone has placed each of their 3 shuriken, cards and treasures are refreshed and a new round begins.

After the 3rd, 5th and 7th rounds, there will be a scoring

Scoring
First, Players will score the point value of every treasure they use to acquire Envoy and Rumor cards.
Second, players may score points or Acquire rumor cards, during the 3 scoring rounds

In the scoring rounds, each clan house is scored in the order listed on the board. The player with the most envoys of each house will be able to either score points equal to each house on the board or select a rumor card for free. The Player with the second most envoys of each house will gets what is left (either points or rumor card, depending on what the first place player choose). In case of a tie, the player who has the Oldest Envoy wins.

The player with the most points at the end of the game wins.

My Opinion:

I really like Ninjato. The theme is good and there are lots of tough decisions to make throughout the game. I have played it 2-player, 3-player and 4-player and it plays well in all cases, but I think the games plays best with 4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Ottensamer
Austria
Wien
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful game, but I do enjoy it the most as a 2p-game with my girlfriend .

Very concise review, thank you! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
CALIFORNIA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice review. Lately people have been recommending this one to me, as I'm looking for a game with some meat, but one that is on the light-medium side , and with Eurogame characteristics.

Do you feel this is lighter? I have plenty of heavy med-heavy euros right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Leonard
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asgelb wrote:
Nice review. Lately people have been recommending this one to me, as I'm looking for a game with some meat, but one that is on the light-medium side , and with Eurogame characteristics.

Do you feel this is lighter? I have plenty of heavy med-heavy euros right now.

I would say this is a good example of a medium weight game. The game play is pretty straightforward and not that hard to learn, but there are still some tough decisions to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.