Subject: Wolfhawk Dueling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lord Limboldt
Germany
Köln / Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you gain the +1 attack even you did not block the enemy, so could you just say: "+1 block and +1 attack against the same enemy."?
I would tend to this interpretation and will play it like this anyway when I compare Wolfhawks set of skills to these of the other Mage Knights.
Every Mage Knight has any combat-enhancer and there is no reason why Wolfhawks should be more complicated as necessary.
Just curious about others opinions and for the case of "world tournament rules" ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Limboldt wrote:
Do you gain the +1 attack even you did not block the enemy, so could you just say: "+1 block and +1 attack against the same enemy."?

No, you have to block the enemy. However, you get the Attack 1 and the +1 Fame even if you don't successfully block the enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Limboldt
Germany
Köln / Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So "even if you don't successfully block" will just mean that you did not do any "does not attack"-things,they want a "honest fight" to give you the +1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting point, never really thought about it. Just assumed it was +1 Block, +1 Attack. But depending on the wording, I can see how it would not apply if you prevented the enemy from attacking (i.e. you can't block it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Limboldt
Germany
Köln / Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think same with the +1 fame then? For example when you killed an enemy by ranged attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still not entirely sure how this skill is interpreted. Has it been addressed in any sort of official FAQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Limboldt wrote:

No, you have to block the enemy. However, you get the Attack 1 and the +1 Fame even if you don't successfully block the enemy.

Has this ever been officially adressed anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DreamStorm wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
Limboldt wrote:

AFAIK Paul or Vlaada didn't answer it, but David's answer is clear from the rules: the skill says "Once a turn, during the Block phase...". It's clear that you can't use the skill if you're not blocking the enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
syzygia wrote:
DreamStorm wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
Limboldt wrote:

AFAIK Paul or Vlaada didn't answer it, but David's answer is clear from the rules: the skill says "Once a turn, during the Block phase...". It's clear that you can't use the skill if you're not blocking the enemy.

Isn't that the opposite of what David states above?

Quote:
you get the Attack 1 and the +1 Fame even if you don't successfully block the enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to block the enemy, to use Dueling. That block might be either successful or unsuccessful (i.e., you could play Dueling alone for Block 1, and unsuccessfully block the enemy, so the block has no effect). But you can't use Dueling against an enemy if you aren't blocking it at all, e.g., if you use some ability to prevent it from attacking. At least that's how I read it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
You have to block the enemy, to use Dueling. That block might be either successful or unsuccessful (i.e., you could play Dueling alone for Block 1, and unsuccessfully block the enemy, so the block has no effect). But you can't use Dueling against an enemy if you aren't blocking it at all, e.g., if you use some ability to prevent it from attacking. At least that's how I read it.

Oh, that makes sense. I wonder if we can get an official ruling on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.