Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd normally do an Artscow order, but it's only one card, so that won't work. I was thinking of just printing to label paper then adhereing it to an old playing card. Do labels stick well to playing cards? What about wear and tear? Thanks.

Bruce

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience with label stock is that the adhesive is not particularly strong. Considering that most poker or bridge style playing cards typically have a textured plastic finish, I would expect lifted edges from shuffling and handling after a while. But every label product is different, and you may be lucky enough to get one with unusually good adhesive.

Also, be aware that your "only one card" will be noticeably different in stiffness, thickness, (dis)coloration, and wear. If having one card plainly marked is a problem, then you will need to reprint the whole deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair points. It shouldn't be shuffled, just handled from time to time.

It doesn't matter if it looks different, as the deck can be looked thru and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Hicks
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Name tags work very well for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Just sleeve it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
I thought I saw a post about someone who talked about how he does this and it shuffles well. I tried searching for it, but I can't find it.

It's worth a shot. I'd consider giving the playing card a light wipe with rubbing alcohol prior to applying to label to remove any oils which could impair adhesion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
zombiegod wrote:
Just sleeve it.

I made a Wiz War set using label paper affixed to Bicycle playing cards and they have held up fairly well. They shuffle pretty well and based on the number of cards, I don't think I would sleeve them.

However, if you have only one card, I would agree with Rob that sleeving is probably your best bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I read somewhere someone using Magic cards as the backing. I might try that too. I've got plenty of basic lands doing nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.