Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Searching a dead person. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Watterson
England
flag msg tools
mb
If Phil and Ned plus one Walker are in the same zone. It's the Zombie's turn and she wounds Ned and kills him cry (he had been previously wounded). Phil's first action is to successfully shoot the Zombie. Now here's my question:

Can Phil search Ned's body yuk and retrieve some of great stuff he's carrying? Let's say there aren't any other Zombies in this zone, and no Zombies having a line of site to Phil and his fallen comrad. So can Phil spend an action taking some of Ned's stuff ? I know you can spend an action trading with another person, does the other person need to be alive ?

If not then what would be the reasoning behind this ? If someone wanders off and is killed by a group of Zombies, I can go with "the group took his stuff with them when they moved on", but that is not what happened here - Walker was killed so no carrying away of his goodies.

z.

ps. has anyone proposed we be able to search dumpsters, or even hide inside them ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
zwixxx wrote:
If Phil and Ned plus one Walker are in the same zone. It's the Zombie's turn and she wounds Ned and kills him cry (he had been previously wounded). Phil's first action is to successfully shoot the Zombie. Now here's my question:

Can Phil search Ned's body yuk and retrieve some of great stuff he's carrying? Let's say there aren't any other Zombies in this zone, and no Zombies having a line of site to Phil and his fallen comrad. So can Phil spend an action taking some of Ned's stuff ? I know you can spend an action trading with another person, does the other person need to be alive ?

If not then what would be the reasoning behind this ? If someone wanders off and is killed by a group of Zombies, I can go with "the group took his stuff with them when they moved on", but that is not what happened here - Walker was killed so no carrying away of his goodies.

Nope, the equipment is gone. The reasoning is purely mechanical I guess, to give some real impact to losing a survivor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peder Bergenwall
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
zwixxx wrote:
Can Phil search Ned's body yuk and retrieve some of great stuff he's carrying?

Not according to the rules, no. We do this however, together with a couple of other home rules such as...

zwixxx wrote:
ps. has anyone proposed we be able to search dumpsters, or even hide inside them ?

being able to search dumpsters. Rather, we have tried it once and found it enjoyable. What we do is tweak the spawn deck to make that part more difficult (or sometimes remove some available zombies to create more activations) to make up for it. Really fun, actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zwixxx wrote:

Yes. Me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delinear wrote:
zwixxx wrote:

Nope, the equipment is gone. The reasoning is purely mechanical I guess, to give some real impact to losing a survivor.

Yeah, under the base game rules the equipment is discarded as soon as the Survivor dies.

One could argue that if one is playing using the Zombivor resurrection rules in TCM, then perhaps dead Survivors should be searchable (because the Zombivor has the Survivor's remaining equipment).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
I created a scenario for children where they could search a dumpster so that they could equip themselves better before going into a building, but it went disastrously wrong when they just messed about in the dumpster. I think if I were to do it again I might make it a bit more like searching a pimpmobile - something like they can each only search it once each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.