Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if these questions have already been asked:

1) On page 4, the rulebook states "If workers are outbid, they can be moved elsewhere (including to other bids, to production on village tiles, or to the bag as part of an exchange)". Bold mine. Does this mean that if I activate a tile such as the Tavern I can discard a worker from a losing bid instead of a worker behind the screen? (provided of course that I have a losing bid of just 1 worker)

2) Do the points for the Sea Bastion come from all the loops I have in my village or from just one of them? Let's assume I have 9 tiles in my village, which form 3 different loops each with 3 tiles. Do I score 9 points then?

Thank to anyone who can provide an answer and many thanks to Mr. Breese, who makes such great games and is a very nice person!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can discard a losing bid of one or more in the exchange, the surplus to int the bag without effect, and the bid stays together.

Just one, the biggest.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Badger
England
Stratford upon Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
Just one, the biggest.B>
The rules state '1 point for each tile which is connected by roads as part of a loop which connects back to the starting point without the traveller having to travel along the same route twice.' We have played that a figure 8 (two loops of three tiles but the central one used in both loops) provides the opportunities for a player to move across 5 tiles without travelling along the same route twice. So I would contend that the tiles supporting all three connected loops meeting that criteria could all score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I recall one of the designers pointed out that a figure 8 is actually just a large loop which has been pinched.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.