Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Any New Mexico players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil, the Tusken Tactician
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm moving in the middle of 2014 from England to Santa Fe, New Mexico. The game shops in Alberquerque an hour away stock X-Wing and say it goes very quickly so they know there are players around but have no way of getting in touch with them.

If you're from New Mexico (which I appreciate is a big place!) and play X-Wing, I want to meet you! I've set up a Facebook group (Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Game New Mexico) so either join the group there or reply to this thread!

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know of a player all the way out in Hobbs, New Mexico (which is not close to Albuquerque for the record). Good luck and enjoy New Mexico! You are moving to a very pretty part of it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
New Mexico is a truly lovely part of the world, and I look forward to someday meeting you at a national con or something, but I currently live very far away.

I'm a bit worried about you, though: you'll have to learn to say "math", eat food with flavor, and figure out the proper name of the funny game with the black-and-white ball. You'll also have to get used to a drastically reduced number of political parties with which to get angry. surprise

Good luck...!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also...Albuquerque...that reminds me. You REALLY need to watch Breaking Bad if you haven't already; you'll gain an even deeper appreciation for an already EXCELLENT show!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Davis
United States
Hobbs
New Mexico
flag msg tools
This was a triumph
badge
But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying til' you run out of cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
scomatt9 wrote:
I know of a player all the way out in Hobbs, New Mexico (which is not close to Albuquerque for the record). Good luck and enjoy New Mexico! You are moving to a very pretty part of it!

Hey! That's me! lol

If you ever find yourself in the Southeast corner of the state, I'd love to play a game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Hamp
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I vacationed in Santa Fe and Albuquerque back in 2011 (the latter for their big balloon festival, the former because it is awesome). There was a very cool little game store in a mall in Santa Fe right in the heart of town - I would be surprised if they couldn't support you. Very friendly owner and some obscure stuff along with the more standard FLGS faire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck on the move, Tusken!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely on for a game if I'm ever near Hobbs, Roswell, etc. I'm also talking to a shop in Albuquerque about running a tournament so if you're happy to travel 100 miles for that then maybe we'll meet then. Do sign up to our facebook group for more info as we get it.

No, I'm not saying "math" although I'm very concerned my kids will. And if you use a ball and kick it with your feet, it's football. If you pick up a ball with your hands and throw it, it's not football.

Thanks for the Breaking Bad reference - we've just finished Season 2 and trying desperately not to see anything about how the entire show ends! No spoilers!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T W
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Albuquerque, look forward to meeting you once the move's complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mills
msg tools
Albuquerque pilot standing by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys
The Facebook group I set up can be found at

xwingnm@groups.facebook.com
or

https://www.facebook.com/groups/xwingnm/

I think. One may be an email address!

Anyway, join the FB page and then we can be sure to get together easily once I make the move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
unmaker505 wrote:
Albuquerque pilot standing by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8TUwHTfOOU
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tusken Raider wrote:
No, I'm not saying "math" although I'm very concerned my kids will. And if you use a ball and kick it with your feet, it's football. If you pick up a ball with your hands and throw it, it's not football.

Amen to that!

We're going to miss you here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.