Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody Baker
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
One of the reasons I like Star Trek: Customizable Card Game (first edition) is how you build your crew and their skills then go attempt a mission that has certain requirements. You can see all the missions available, but so can your opponent. You both may chase the same mission, and you have to plan accordingly.

I was trying to come up with some way to make Fleet Captains more like STCCG, and one complicated and expensive way that I tossed around was making alternate crew cards with skills printed on them (like STCCG) and making mini Mission cards that get drawn and placed on a planet hex when it's turned faceup. The mission card would have skills needed to attempt it, and a VP value if successful. This would be quite a bit like STCCG but I don't think you draw cards frequently enough to make this work... so....

Another, much easier idea is just to simply make some of the missions shared. Say you draw your 3 missions at the beginning of the game, keep one, then put the other 2 into a community pile. All players could go for these missions. I haven't played FC in almost 2 years now so this may be a totally broken idea, but can you guys give me logistical reasons why this may not work? I'm genuinely curious either way.

The reasoning here is that I just have issues with the way the mission cards work. You draw 3, then that dictates your initial strategy for the game. It doesn't feel like Star Trek to me, and STCCG strangely feels more like Star Trek than FC does, to me anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Baker
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Stumbled across your idea, sounds pretty cool. I'll give it a shot, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.