Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Hook
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know when the general public will be able to buy this new deluxe/designer edition of Ogre?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
It might be a while and potentially hard to get a copy.

October 21st is the date they are going to start to ship KS copies. SJG has committed to getting all the games to KS backers first before going through retail channels; that probably means mid-to-late November before Ogre starts hitting retail stores.

Some sites like Boards and Bits and Coolstuff have Ogre for pre-order already. If you're looking for a copy I wouldn't wait and I'd pre-order it soon. Otherwise, if you want one sooner you're going to half to find a backer willing to sell an extra one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Hook
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Supposedly Diamond Distributions will have copies as well, and I did order it through my friend who owns a comic book shop... but I'm getting nervous that Diamond might get shorted or allocated in their order, and that I might end out on the short end of the straw.

I think I might place a pre-order with an actual game retailer to ensure my copy. Worst case scenario, I end up with two. LOL!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JonHook wrote:
Thanks. Supposedly Diamond Distributions will have copies as well, and I did order it through my friend who owns a comic book shop... but I'm getting nervous that Diamond might get shorted or allocated in their order, and that I might end out on the short end of the straw.

I think I might place a pre-order with an actual game retailer to ensure my copy. Worst case scenario, I end up with two. LOL!

AFAIK, SJG had an absolute deadline date for distributors such as Diamond/Alliance to place orders which would be guaranteed. However, there's always the possibility (remote, but still a possibility) that retailer orders to distributors will be larger than the quantities that distributors receive, in which case stores could have their orders allocated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ellis
United States
Concord
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SJG printed about 12,000 copies of the game, half of which went to Kickstarter backers. The 6000 retail copies are twice the entire initial run they had planned. They've stated that one distributor (probably ACD, who has an exclusive countersheet for retailers that order through them) at least ordered significantly more copies after the kickstarter campaign.

Still, when they're gone, they're gone, there will be no reprints in this form-factor or at this price again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the shipping to begin in a little over a week, I'm curious as to how many SJG will be able to ship each day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Banor58 wrote:
With the shipping to begin in a little over a week, I'm curious as to how many SJG will be able to ship each day.

I may be mistaken, but I think each copy is already packaged in its own shipping carton. That will save them time if they don't need to repackage each one -- they can just slap a shipping label on the carton and let UPS, FedEx, or whoever is transporting them take it from there.

In fact, there's nothing to say that they may not already be preparing the shipments as we speak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Except that not everyone gets the same stuff. I get one slim copy and one with a bunch of T-shirts and extra dice. And the canvas bag. I for one would not want to be in charge of the shipping operation...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True, but didn't they say something about bonus items shipping separately? Of course, with over 100 KS updates and many threads here on BGG, I may be mis-remembering. Either way, it's a huge undertaking, and I wouldn't be surprised if shipments are being prepped in advance, in order to get as many shipments as possible out the door beginning on Monday, 10/21.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hickey
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Yesterday, Eric Dow posted the following in a comment on the latest Kickstarter update:

Quote:
Extras get their own box, as there is literally no room in the shipping carton. The pocket OGRE is all the room left, by design. At 28+ lbs you really wouldn't want to add to it.

Shipping will commence on the 22nd, the Monday after the release party, though with some luck, we will have a good portion all labeled and ready to go before then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Corby
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to my Alliance Retailer account pre-order page, the street date for Ogre is December 6. Of course that could be a guess or a solid date. When we get actual dates for games well before the release date, sometimes the games don't show up for weeks after that, and other times its right on the money. Hard to tell.

Sorry I can't give better info than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.