Subject: General invitation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: RSP_should_never_be_second_to_Facebook [+] [View All]
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while since I've done this, and so I will do it again. To my own amazement, I've ended up administrating a secret Facebook group that grew out of the squabbles when RSP was being moderated. Essentially it's for anyone interested but especially RSP regulars (not exclusively though). It talks about RSP subjects and occasionally games. Frankly it's simply got a more casual feel than RSP.

Anyone who wants to join, just Geekmail me. I'll need a link to your facebook user page and will temporarily friend you. I normally routinely unfriend anyone I don't personally know.

Oh, my one rule is no overtly sexist or racist language-- specifically racial slurs, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
It was better before Chad quit, and although it's a lot more polite since Drew quit I still kind of miss him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The invite is appreciated, but I think all the reasons I left are likely intact. I prefer the 'real' RSP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're just acting out because you won't be at BGG.CON this year and I'm going to let Jared get me drunk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
The invite is appreciated, but I think all the reasons I left are likely intact. I prefer the 'real' RSP.

Why did you leave?

(just gathering info to see if I should join -- although my FB presence is pretty fucking lame).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Took me long enough to block half the right wing crap from family...No thank you, not going to taint my feed with that again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than Tripp it's not that bad. Mostly we don't talk much about politics. Moshe posts a lot of Israel stuff that I just ignore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It's true. I ignore everything Dave G posts, and you don't even want to know how I've been interacting with Tripp lately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a faceplanter.

Discrimination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
I kind of hoping it turns into a Titanfall matchmaking service next year. I keep thinking there's nothing especially appealing about the next gen consoles, then I think about how much I'd like to see that game in its full glory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
I kind of hoping it turns into a Titanfall matchmaking service next year. I keep thinking there's nothing especially appealing about the next gen consoles, then I think about how much I'd like to see that game in its full glory.

Dan and I are preordered for the xbox. I'm sure Josh will get one. What's titanfall?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
rinelk wrote:

Dan and I are preordered for the xbox. I'm sure Josh will get one. What's titanfall?

One of the Xbone exclusive titles. Mech combat, jump-out-of-mech combat, some kind of persistent world I think.Looks pretty cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
mbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
What's titanfall?

One of many gushing write-ups.

Not out till 2014, though.

What made you guys decide to preorder? I haven't seen anything in the launch lineup which has me excited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
have been avoiding facebook for a year or so. It is a bit of a pain so if I decide to get back on, I'll send you a note.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nothing but static
New Zealand
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evilbook?

i dont partake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Facebook sucks. There is no getting around it.

New game? Put me down with Peter Molyneux.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An important addendum: You do not actually have be 'friends' with everyone (or anyone) on the FBRSP group to be able to participate in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
What's titanfall?

What made you guys decide to preorder? I haven't seen anything in the launch lineup which has me excited.

I don't understand the question. There's a new thing coming out, so you pre-order it. Simple as that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Took me long enough to block half the right wing crap from family...No thank you, not going to taint my feed with that again.

Are we allowed to talk about who we block on Facebook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceGhost wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:

Why did you leave?

Three reasons. One was personal and not terribly important. The main two were the type of discussion (less RSPish) and, most of all, the Facebook format. I hate trying to have a multi-person discussion on anything that is just a list of posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
It's been a while since I've done this, and so I will do it again. To my own amazement, I've ended up administrating a secret Facebook group that grew out of the squabbles when RSP was being moderated. Essentially it's for anyone interested but especially RSP regulars (not exclusively though). It talks about RSP subjects and occasionally games. Frankly it's simply got a more casual feel than RSP.

Anyone who wants to join, just Geekmail me. I'll need a link to your facebook user page and will temporarily friend you. I normally routinely unfriend anyone I don't personally know.

Oh, my one rule is no overtly sexist or racist language-- specifically racial slurs, etc.

Is it "shirts optional"? 'Cause that's how I Facebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
rinelk wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
What's titanfall?

I don't understand the question. There's a new thing coming out, so you pre-order it. Simple as that.

No, there's two new things (three, if you count the Wii U, which I maybe should since my kids are entering good videogaming ages). I'm Buridan's Ass over here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
rinelk wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
What's titanfall?

No, there's two new things (three, if you count the Wii U, which I maybe should since my kids are entering good videogaming ages). I'm Buridan's Ass over here!

No, there's one new thing, and a shitty Nintendo thing, and a overrated Sony thing. There's no choice to be made.

Also, all my friends will be getting the good new thing, so even if I wanted the overrated Sony thing I'd have no one to play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is actually a pretty accurate picture of the group so far. The only things missing are an article on antisemitism and a bunch of beautiful Minecraft screenshots by yours truly. We could really use some unruly hooligans, in other words. It's just too relaxing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Message wrote:
This thread is actually a pretty accurate picture of the group so far. The only things missing are an article on antisemitism and a bunch of beautiful Minecraft screenshots by yours truly. We could really use some unruly hooligans, in other words. It's just too relaxing.

Anybody up for a game of Pong? I'll be at the arcade at around 6pm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.