Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules, you simply place units on the letter indicated on the map. The problem is that there are 2 copies of each letter. So I assume that you place it on the letter matching the right faction.

For example: an A japanese unit is placed on an A japanese territory.

But there are complications, first air units are hard to identify since they all have the same color. Second, a japanse plane needs to be placed in a K territory ... but there is no Red K territory. Finally, south china has 2 letter, a blue J and a red E, so I imagine that this is a contested territory.

Allies also have 2 unassigned planes and 2 unassigned australian forces (but they are triggered by an event). Japanese has a shit loan of spare token, are they seriously going to produce all those forces?

There are also no indication of what token represent what on the number track. I assumes that BB meant naval reinforcement, while CV meant air reinforcement, and cargo meant merchant fleet supply. For the prod token, not sure if it means controlled production, or accumulated production.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found an Errata in the english translation. The errata had some errors, but it fixed the ambiguous placements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Spak
United States
Spencer
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the errata is critical.

It's an interesting game, whole theater solitaire treatment. Not real deep thematically, but plays OK enough.

Very similar to TempĂȘte sur l'Europe 1939-1945, sister game actually. I tried to run them side by side a couple years back, didn't work - can't remember just why.

have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am working on a pacific game of mine and I was looking for a small and not too complex pacific game. Got the game for free, and I should play soon (it's currently setup on my kitchen).

It should be a good source of ideas for my game. I wanted to know how the other designer did it. I read many pacific game rule books and found many interesting ideas so far. Still mine will be different enough from all that has been released so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Spak
United States
Spencer
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in seeing what you work up, keep me posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What has been made so far has been posted here:

http://bgd.lariennalibrary.com/index.php?n=GameIdea.GameIdea...

I found a new very interesting shiftable hex pattern that I tried on another map, but I might increase the hex density a little bit and use an 11x17 map. So the map you will will be different. I might use typhoon over the pacific map for playtesting my game.

I should be adding soon some content on that page to explain the principal differences my game would have with other games out there. Now that I read a lot of rules, I know pretty much what the other games where aiming for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miquel Izquierdo Cazorla
Spain
08030 Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vae Victis published an errata for this game in the following issue. I think you can find it in Grognard.
About your questions,:
1) The planes can be identified by his flag, and the japanese air army of zone K actually set up in zone E.

2) South China zone is contested

3) I only find one unidentified allied air unit, 11 A.F., is a reinforcement in turn 2, and must set up reduced.

4) Production marker is for both accumulated production and controlled sources. Remember you can accumulated production.

And also remember one terrain errata: Philippines Nord zone is "Terrain Difficile".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the errata, they actually differ from the list in the english translation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.