Thomas Suetens
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Mastermind: Sebastian Shaw (Feedback welcome and appreciated)
Quick feedback without going into full details:
Add line: Always Leads: Helfire Club

Tactic 1: Does the +1 power come from the master strike, or from people discarding the cards? This is unclear.

Tactic 3: KO heroes from HQ or from hand? I'm guessing the HQ, but this should be mentioned to prevent confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mav man
msg tools
derare wrote:
Quick feedback without going into full details:
Add line: Always Leads: Helfire Club

Tactic 1: Does the +1 power come from the master strike, or from people discarding the cards? This is unclear.

Tactic 3: KO heroes from HQ or from hand? I'm guessing the HQ, but this should be mentioned to prevent confusion.

I added the Always leads part

I changed his Master Strike and removed the part where he gets stronger. That makes him to similar to Stryfe.

I added wording to make it more clear you KO heroes you have, not from the HQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tac 3: Wouldn't this only really have an effect if it's drawn the first two times, as there are no cards with a Cost of 10 and 11? Also, though it effects your rares, this will almost always do nothing. Or did you mean a 'Total Cost', rather than cost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be kind of amusing if White Queen played an additional card from the villain deck, since that's what Emma Frost's "hero" card does, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mav man
msg tools
Palamino wrote:
Tac 3: Wouldn't this only really have an effect if it's drawn the first two times, as there are no cards with a Cost of 10 and 11? Also, though it effects your rares, this will almost always do nothing. Or did you mean a 'Total Cost', rather than cost?

I did mean total cost, I will fix this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny O
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely love most of this.

I will say that Tactic 1 is obscene, especially in a four or five-player game.

I also think that it might be fun to give Evil Emma a power that makes you question whether she's really a bad girl, and I just thought of this:

White Queen Emma Frost
Power:5
While Emma is in the city, each Scheme Twist drawn is ignored and placed at the bottom of the Villain deck. Then move Emma one space to the left, switching her if necessary. Emma cannot be moved by a hero.
Escape: Play cards from the bottom of the Villain deck until you've played one that is not a Scheme Twist.

This might encourage players to leave her in the city for a short while, to get Scheme Twists piled up at the bottom, but it's risky, because if she escapes, you could get hit very hard.

Just throwing it out there. Really like your ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mav man
msg tools
The first tactic is very similar to the Four Horsemen Tactic from Apocalypse in the DC expansion.

But I agree it is brutal the more players you have

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mav man
msg tools
I uploaded my Mastermind cards and I will make the villain and henchmen cards tonight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Villains' Powers are too close to their VPs...

VPs are often half the Power or at least 2 less than the Power.

FROST GIANT
Affiliation: Enemies of Asgard
Attack: 4
VP: 2

JUGGERNAUT
Affiliation: Brotherhood
Attack: 6
VP: 4

ENCHANTRESS
Affiliation: Enemies of Asgard
Attack: 6
VP: 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mav man
msg tools
i never noticed that correlation.

I will adjust cards to be a lil more in line with that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mav man
msg tools
added the visual representation of the cards.

Did the best I could on the art but I am less than happy with several of the outcomes, perhaps one day I will put in sometime to get some good scans done for new images to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the cards updates!

Black Bishop has "instint" typo...

Sometimes you refer to Fight as Power...just to make it non-confusing and universal...

Black Queen has "cost" word hidden behind fight number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might find better pictures of Tessa here, just in case you are not satisfied with that one:

http://www.comicvine.com/sage/4005-4559/images/

I think with Tessa you have the Ambush and Fight effects crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Suetens
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Say what you want about Greg Land's art, I'm a huge fan. I first got into contact with it in Ulimate Fantastic 4 and later Ultimate Power. After seeing that, I can't help but feel disappointed by some other often praised artists when it comes down to graphic quality...
All of that just to say that I like your choice for Black Rook

However, it does make all of your other artwork look like 3th-rank rubbish... Even the stuff you took from uncanny X-force... (another series where I really like the art, just maybe not on playing cards...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.