Wilderness War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about Extended Example of Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
killy9999
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going through the extended example of play in the Playbook - I will post my questions in this thread as I go. Here are the first two:

1). Iroquois Alliance card says: "Place at their settlements up to a die roll of GRAY striped Indian units from tribes not currently enemy". I don't understand restriction in bold. It means that if opponent already has any gray units on their side then I can't place any gray units on the map?

2) Bastion Repaired card says: "You must use a whole Action Phase to play this event". I don't understand this - I always must use my whole action phase to play an event. What am I missing here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peacock
Canada
Montréal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Answer to 1:
5.533 The game has (gray) counters to represent Iroquois tribes
allied to either the French or the British. An Iroquois unit may
not be entered if the corresponding enemy Iroquois counter of
the same name is already on the map.

Basically, every counter with a different name comes from a different tribe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Let's say you're playing the British and you play the Iroquois Alliance card. The restriction in bold simply means you can not pick Iroquois tribes which are already allied to the French. You must pick tribes that are not already in play.

2) Yes, that phrase is confusing. It should not be there. Suffice to say, that the play of the card constitutes your action for the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the reason that I put that phrase on that event is that (perhaps to a playtester or just to me, I don't remember) it looked like it might be a Response Card, and I wanted to be clear that it is not. That may have been because players wanted to use it as a Siege of a Fort reaches Siege 1: you can't, because the Fort will fall before its your turn to play a card. So you have use the event when your Fortress (requiring Siege 2) is under Siege and gets to Siege 1.

Quote:
... I always must use my whole action phase to play an event.

Not if it's a Response Card. So text is just reminding you that "Bastions Repaired" is not a Response Card.

Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
killy9999
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the answers. Surprisingly, no more questions after going through first turn in the example of play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.