Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Watkins
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how the new errata affects these Visitor Cards?

I know the crush action now allows 2 or 3 wine tokens, but are these limited by that? The 2nd Edition Rules says:

What About Visitors Like the Crusher or Crush Expert?

For example, the Crusher says, “Crush grapes into any or all types of wine.” This card–and the other crushing visitors–retains the original meaning. Thus if a visitor card says, “Crush grapes into one type of wine,” that’s exactly what it means. Crush as many grapes as you want to make one type of wine.

These visitors are now a little less powerful than before, but that’s probably a good thing. They are still quite potent, especially if you need to make a lot of wine at once or if you can combo them with another winter visitor card.

how are they less powerful if you can still make as many wines as you want?

What am I missing here? Thanks for the help. Confusion results from here:

FAQ:

Crusher/Crush Expert: When playing a card that says, “Make any or all types of wine,” you may make as many wine tokens as you like.

EDIT:

If you can also answer my question about why these cards are a little less powerful that'd be great.

Double Edit:

My bad I get it now, they're less powerful because the crushing spot is now such badassery because it can do any two types of wines or all 3 with middle spot, and before it was harder to do more variety, because you were limited to one type of wine. Biggity bam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly--you eventually answered your own question. However, the crusher and crush expert still remain quite good--they just point you in a slightly different direction. Rather than harvest-crush-fill, harvest-crush-fill, you might harvest-harvest-harvest-harvest, then crush once with the crusher and fill-fill-fill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SixtyWATZ wrote:
Double Edit:

My bad I get it now, they're less powerful because the crushing spot is now such badassery because it can do any two types of wines or all 3 with middle spot, and before it was harder to do more variety, because you were limited to one type of wine. Biggity bam

Exactly. In my last game, I used the Crusher to make six wines in a single action, instead of taking 2-3 crush actions. It saves time. However, in the 2nd edition rules, there is less of a bottleneck on the crush space AFAICT, so it's less powerful, compared to using the crush space, than it used to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.