Stefan Kurek
United States
Trenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello.

I feel like this question has been answered before, but I can't find any definite rule or faq response to answer it. I know that if combat ends this way, the agent sticks around on the board.

I also know that the rules say if combat with an agent ended this way and you are in a space with dracula, you do not fight him and your turn ends.

Lastly, I know that the rules mention that if Van Helsing ends combat with an agent this way, his turn is immediately over and he does not get to resupply.

To me this implies that if you don't kill an agent, he stays on the board and your turn is over immediately even if there are more encounters.

Any official word? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Battling to Reach Dracula
If a Hunter fights an Agent in the same location
as Dracula and he defeats the Agent, he
then begins a battle against Dracula. However,
if the Hunter is defeated or flees from combat
with the Agent (the combat finishes with
an End result), his turn is over and he cannot
face Dracula that turn.

Rules say that 'his turn is over' if he doesn't defeat the agent--so his turn is over meaning he wouldn't face any other encounters or Dracula. This seems pretty clear to me.

As to the encounter staying, I'd say this:

Quote:
End – One of the combatants
escapes the battle. The combat ends
immediately, although it can be started again
during the next turn.

certainly implies that the encounter remains or how would you be able to fight him next turn. There may be something better in the rules as well but this is what I quickly found.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.