Popular Tags: [View All]
Scooter of the Ancients
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Playing field needs to be rectangular, say 5' x 3' or 6' x 3'

Place the Wormhole token in the exact center, dividing the playing field pefectly in half. Half the playing area is the Alpha Quadrant and half is the Gamma Quadrant.

All ships must travel between the Quadrants must pass through the Wormhole. Any ship ending its movement on the Wormhole loses its action, and cannot attack or be attacked this turn. It cannot be targetted by any effects. The following turn, the ship must move onto the opposite Quadrant.

Any ship that passes into the opposite Quadrant without first passing through the Wormhole is out of bounds and considered destoyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Becker
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
badge
Banana!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
We talked about something similar for casual games at our Saturday OP. we were thinking of two different 3x3's with wormhole tokens on each board.

We'll see what happens this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well, in the series traveling through the wormhole wasn't exactly instantaneous. I think it'd be cool if you had 2 3x3 mats for the quadrant with the wormholes, and then a 1x3 wormhole passage to fight in as well. Also, if you go "off the board" in the wormhole, the ship is lost forever, seems kinda thematic to me :-)

Heck you could even put DS9 and a mine field on one end of the wormhole

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tantive4 wrote:
We talked about something similar for casual games at our Saturday OP. we were thinking of two different 3x3's with wormhole tokens on each board.

We'll see what happens this weekend.

It was the same at our OP, LOL. There were only 4 of us playing on two tables. Someone got really close to the wormhole, and we joked that they'd pop up in the other game if they flew in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.