Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: 3D printing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Roberto
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I was just wondering, have any of you tried printing any custom or extra pieces with a 3D printer or anything? I'm curious to see how it would turn out. Would love to see some pics if any of you have em'
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend of mine did this with his 3D printer:

13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Harrop
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hamman88 wrote:
I was just wondering, have any of you tried printing any custom or extra pieces with a 3D printer or anything? I'm curious to see how it would turn out. Would love to see some pics if any of you have em'


I would replace EVERY DAMN ship with classes that actually looked like they were based on the same concept, exept it would take literally hundreds of pieces to do.

Seriously, you have fighters with these wonderful wrap-around cockpit glass and then BLINDERS?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Harrop
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tretiak wrote:
Leifr wrote:
Seriously, you have fighters with these wonderful wrap-around cockpit glass and then BLINDERS?


What!? You mean you did not know that pilot helmets remove the ship's hull from view? It is ancient practice to coat a ship's outer surface with micro photo receptors that link directly to the HUD, enabling clear view in any direction.


Riiight.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar

That actually DOES exist today (well, not the nano- part), they use it on planes equipped with experimental gear.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek
Poland
Chorzów
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seahawk wrote:

That actually DOES exist today (well, not the nano- part), they use it on planes equipped with experimental gear.


Hence the fraze "ancient practice". The Sol folks from the planet Jord have done this for eons now, man.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar

I assumed that's what you were getting at, but there seemed to be skepticism it could be done.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twilight Imperium 3rd - Forever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thedacker wrote:
A friend of mine did this with his 3D printer:



Anyway you could get his CAD file for that. I would love to print out my own.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.