Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Commands & Colors: Napoleonics Expansion #3 – The Austrian Army» Forums » General

Subject: Marengo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gustaf montelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No Marengo scenario in this expansion? Why???cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it needs a grand or epic format?

I am sure we will see several community made scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing that because of the depth of the battlefield, Marengo doesn't work well with the hex board. Also, the constricted Austrian advance would make the center/flanks command system very hit-or-miss, unless the Marengo scenario were to start with the Austrians already across the river and attacking.

I'm hoping that when the "epic" battles module appears, there will be opportunities for both wider and deeper battlefields.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming with others that Epic or "Grande Bataille" will appear after the Prussians. Deep "Breakthrough" versions have not yet appeared for any game but Memoir 44, but time will tell.

If you're impatient for Epic, its easy enough to apply the double board Memoir 44 Overlord rules (and even Combat Cards)to other formats. For my own modification for M44 to Battle Cry see that game entry under "Variants."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree that epic or breakthrough would be needed to play Marengo in its entirety but like other battles in the base game and Russian expansion it would be possible to set up different parts of the battle on a standard board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
There is always the possibility, to setup fanmade scenarios, in standard or epic format (look on the ccnapoleonics.net website for examples), and share it with us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gmontelius wrote:
No Marengo scenario in this expansion? Why???cry

I think it's because Marengo was fought prior to 1805. I recall reading somewhere that all battles in CC: Napoleonics will initially be from 1805 to 1815...something about the rules would need to be adjusted to simulate battles before that time...it's a shame since there were several key battles, in addition to Marengo, that won't make the cut (Rivoli, Arcole, Lodi, the Pyramids, Hohenlinden, Valmy, etc.)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.