Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Eads
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried to play this system on a larger grid, or perhaps with a custom board? It seems to work so well I'm not sure how enlarging the board would affect things, but my group and I are starting to get tired of the same two maps the game comes with and have started to brainstorm alternatives. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Fargo
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had thought about trying some of the D&D maps that were released over the last few years. I haven't tried it yet, so I'm unsure if the square scale is the same, but that might be a good solution.

I've also thought about using hirst arts tiles to make modular terrain. Just make 3x3 square blocks and shift them around for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a post somewhere that someone tried heroscape tiles and liked the way it played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about letter players place the terrain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
New maps would be interesting, but I would be cautious about making them larger. This would lengthen a game that is designed to be shorter and tighter. At the very least, the power level of characters would be altered, shifting the balance toward ranged attacks. You would probably need to introduce sufficient blocking terrain to reduce sightlines so melee characters would remain viable, but at that point you're playing the same game with boring turns at the beginning as you move closer to each other without being able to attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Button
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I new boxed set with a new double sided map is in the works. Check it out here:

http://www.krosmaster.com/fr/forum/1152-discussions-generale...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Good Bye
Tanzania
Arizona
flag msg tools
jaybutton wrote:

Same exact style setup. Bring Us a MOBA map! LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Nguyen
France
flag msg tools
A new game using krosmaster minis calle Krosmaster Quest will be displayed in beta version to this November Championship in paris france.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Veltre
United States
Middleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaybutton wrote:

Wow, looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try to smash together 4 base games (I just need 1 more friend wit Krosmaster to do so!) and have 8 players on the map and duke it out with each other with full 12 point teams

However, I swapped the map out with my Super Dungeon maps and it's turning out to be really fun. It would be interesting to try converting one system to the other system (though the scaling would be completely off).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xMindFreak wrote:
jaybutton wrote:

Wow, looks great!

Yeah Frigost is supposed to get a ks in the next month or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan K
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In theory having larger maps won't change the overall gameplay very much. The tutorials and expansions use smaller maps which are designed for fewer models. The only consideration is having a balanced number of trees, stumps and bushes so that the map does not overly favor melee or ranged.

Rolling for tension already speeds up the game and encourages players not to turtle, unless they are already ahead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apis Rex
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've been working a bit on a variant with randomized terrain. Pretty much the only thing holding it up is that I don't have any highres pics of the demonic altars.

My general idea is that you use a small deck of cards with a 6x6 grid printed on them and a different square indicated on the grid. The player with the higher initiative flips up the top card, and picks left or right, then puts the tree in the indicated spot in the chosen quadrant. Then the opponent mirrors that placement, and flips up the next card. They continue until all the trees are placed, then move on to bushes, then to boxes, then to demonic altars (4-6 altars per player in a two-player game).

Then you set aside all the cards used so far and move on to the kamas, with each player placing 5-8 kamas per quadrant (in addition to the demonic altars). After the first half are distributed, shuffle the deck again (leaving aside all the cards used for non-kama terrain) and keep going until the kamas are all down (potentially doubling-up on some squares).

Then both players deploy within the two rows closest to their edge.

If anyone has a highres pic of the demonic altar I can finish the pdf I'm working on that would have the deck of cards as the main section and the placeable altars as their own thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Eads
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
I saw a post somewhere that someone tried heroscape tiles and liked the way it played.

It seems like a hex board would change the balance of some of the abilities so much it might break the game... I was actually just imagining other square based boards. Any experience trying to apply this game to a hex map? Sounds scary...zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Eads
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
New maps would be interesting, but I would be cautious about making them larger. This would lengthen a game that is designed to be shorter and tighter. At the very least, the power level of characters would be altered, shifting the balance toward ranged attacks. You would probably need to introduce sufficient blocking terrain to reduce sightlines so melee characters would remain viable, but at that point you're playing the same game with boring turns at the beginning as you move closer to each other without being able to attack.

wow, good points. Maybe the size needs to stay the same. Still looking forward to new boards though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chua chee yong
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Onus wrote:
ropya wrote:

It seems like a hex board would change the balance of some of the abilities so much it might break the game... I was actually just imagining other square based boards. Any experience trying to apply this game to a hex map? Sounds scary...zombie

I try before using heroscape terrain.
modify abit of rule like for cross effect any 5 square will do.
Add height advantage or climb requirement. Example u are a level 3 knight, u able to climb up a level 3 terrain. something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Acevedo
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You could use all sorts of maps for fun, but the original maps have a number of grids that balance things out. Larger maps will make high movement characters much more powerful than something like Nox, with his 2 MP.

Thats my 2 cents

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tex Hammack

Spanish Fork
Utah
msg tools
mb
So my friend and I are tired of playing on the Same old board. What we are wanting to do is take all of the minimaps, find 4 with the same theme and smash them together to make a new board. Only thing I am needing is High Res digital copies of all the minimaps. Anyone have those? I have not yet been able to purchase all of the boosters yet and am still working without a scanner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.