Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Evan Brooks
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have played To The Last Man! several times and am playing my second game of What Price Glory? at the present time. Both are interesting, but I have not yet come to any conclusions about the latter.

As a first impression, I would note that casualties in What Price Glory? seem to be much less attritional than I would have expected in a simulation of WWI. Also, the events cards come into play on a random basis and can have some strange effects (e.g., only the US entry is time dependent; therefore, tanks or certain offensives can occur VERY early in the war).

Also, What Price Glory? allows the player to choose his cards; so far, I think that the Allies need to protect themselves by selecting their fleet card as a staple (if not used as the card states, it can always be used as a simple action card).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Miles
United States
Austin
Texas (TX)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Price Glory's playing time is listed at 240 minutes, while TTLM is 120. Does that seem about right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Evan Brooks
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

pmiles wrote:
What Price Glory's playing time is listed at 240 minutes, while TTLM is 120. Does that seem about right?

I would say that playing times are roughly equivalent -- but more at the 240 minute level. Of course, TTLM may be using scenarios for their estimates rather than the campaign version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Miles
United States
Austin
Texas (TX)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!I'm hoping to give What Price Glory a whirl pretty soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tripp Ritter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Missed these responses some how, very overdue thanks to everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.