Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's usually a good idea to draw at the end of your turn rather than at the start; that way you have your entire opponent's turn to read your card(s) and think about what you want to do with your hand, which helps keep the game moving.

In my estimation, "hunting" in Supernatural is not so much about fighting as it is about tracking, research, and preparation. There's usually a fight scene, but it's a small part of the episode, and hunters rarely win purely through strength of arms; they win because they trick the demon into a devil's snare, or they steal the ghost's bones and burn them, or go on a quest to get some phoenix ashes, etc.

So if it were me, rather than having the game revolve around doing combat with hordes of monsters, I'd start with the premise that the hunters are stalking and killing a single monster (or a pack of monsters working together, like a vampire nest), and will spend most of their time collecting clues and preparing specialized equipment rather than in open combat. They might not even know what they're hunting when they start.

Of course, that doesn't lend itself nearly as well to borrowing mechanics from popular CCGs like Magic, which typically simulate open combat, so it's a more ambitious goal and may not be ideal for a school project...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Corrina
United States
Unspecified
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that you chose the pokemon method of X prizes taken.

I like that you chose Supernatural as a theme.

I love supernatural and game design way to much too comment further.

Best of luck and best wishes for your future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.