Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ran Stu
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to play Disaster on K2 and am finding difficulty. It sure would have been great to have some play examples but maybe it is easier than I think.

Here are my questions.

I notice on the Good type event tokens that there is a number on the bottom left side. What is that number for and how do you use it?

What is a fate token? It is mentioned but not defined.

Under drawing tokens, the manual seems to imply (cause it is under the number system that way) that you would pull out of the cup the Blocked Ridge tokens. Do you? How do you play those tokens? And after you flip them over to create an avalanche, on your next turn do you take them off the board? This is confusing.

I am sure I will have many more questions as I try to get through playing the game. Thanks all for helping.

As I understand it, you pull a token, if it is bad and you don't like it, you don't buy it but put it on the avalanche countdown section. If you like it you can buy it. Do any of them get played automatically as implied in the manual even if you don't buy it? Any help on how to play the tokens would be great.

Sorry for so many questions, and I play a lot of grognard type games, so understanding how games work comes quite easy but this game has me stumped.

Randy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The number on the bottom left is for blocked ridges. It sounds like you are confusing two things based on your question. Each turn, you draw one token. You'll use the nubmer in the bottem left to determine which space to block, then decide if you purchase the event or not.

Quote:
[7.1] Place the Blocked Ridge Markers
The Shoulder, Bottleneck (I, II, and III), Traverse, and Snowfields are considered ridge spaces in the game. The Summit is not considered a ridge space. Each ridge has a number or numbers shown near
its space on the game board, representing when they become blocked.
Look at the number in the lower left corner of the Event Token and
place a Blocked Ridge Marker on the ridge space or spaces that contain
that number.

Some events can't be bought. I think it is specifically the "Darkness" events. Those you have to play. You have the choice to buy or not buy the event, but you'll find that if you only buy good events, you will not have enough time to make it until night. Also, buying the good events is to expensive and not always worth it. I tend to avoid buying any expensive events. Then again, I've NEVER done well in this game. It's a brutal one and I like it for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ran Stu
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow thanks for replying so quickly.

So I draw a token, let's say luck. It has a number on the bottom left, a 5. I am just starting the game. I have to block that circle 5 spaces up from the high camp starting place. Is this right? And do this for only 1 turn. What happens if I don't buy it, do I still block?

Which leads me to this question. That is the section I was talking about, 7.1. It is after the draw a token section. I have tokens that say blocked ridge on one side of the token. I thought that was what was being mentioned in the directions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The number on the counter corresponds to numbers on the large spaces. You'll notice that all the large spaces (except for Summit) have 1 or 2 numbers below the name of the space. For example, the Traverse has 2 & 3. If the event counter has a 2,you place one of those Blocked Ridge tokens on the Traverse. Note that some numbers appear on more than 1 space. That 2 counter also blocks Summit III. I am pretty sure you place the Blocked Ridge whether or not you buy the event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.