Subject: [Combined Rules] Keeping Scar? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I have no idea where to put this - I guess I'll try here, but it's most relevant to Mattias' "Combined Rulebook" rules.

Scar is removed from the Combined Rules - I'm just wondering if anyone's come up with a decent way to keep him in the game. I was wondering about rolling the 1d8 whenever "Launch Raiders" comes up, and on a result of 8 one of the Raiders is replaced by Scar? (if Scar shows up once, that's it - he stays in the game until destroyed, and then he can't reappear again).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
Scar & Mining Asteroid are removed when the Cylon Fleet Board is used. Leaving Mining Asteroid in the Destination Deck has been suggested in several places as a way to include Scar without too much work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience has been that jumping to the Mining Asteroid works reasonably well with the Cylon Fleet Board.

Rather than playing it strictly by the rules, we apply two house rules - we skip the Raider activation, and Scar stays Scar if he survives to the jump, rather than discarding the Crisis card - the Scar token stays with the Raider on the CFB and when it comes back to the main board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll see if I can include it as a variant. I'm trying to keep as close to the official rules as possible in order for the Combined Rulebook to appeal to as many players as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Mercer
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We leave the Scar Crisis and Mining Asteroid in, it's never caused much issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.