Subject: Demon Reward: Emerald Dofus Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Beth Goza
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
My gaming partner and I were playing on Sunday and had a disagreement regarding the Emerald Dofus Demon Reward. On the actual reward tile it has the +8 HP Heart symbol.

I took it to mean that the Krosmaster who gets this tile now has 8 Additional HPs immediately. And for the duration of the game now has original HP + 8.

My partner felt the tile indicated the Krosmaster now had 8 Potential additional HPs, and in order to get the full amount you would have to "heal" up the new 8 HPs.

Now my argument is when you get either a bump to MP or AP you immediately get those points as there is not "healing up" perse. So it stands to reason the health is also immediately granted in addition to the total amount.

Anyway, I was unable to find any info related to this on these forums or through copious web searching, so I'm hoping to at least get some insights into how other people rule on the tile.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would side with you on this one.
I dont have it in front of me, but I want to say that was a 12 pointer.
Wouldnt be worth half that if you had to heal up to it to get it.
Id never use it if thats how its played.

I would agree it provides a new max HP, and provides the 8 HP on the spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reasoner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it adds health to the character. The Demonic Rewards that heal have a -BLOOD DROP icon instead of the +HEART icon.

Also, it explains what each Demonic Reward does in the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Nguyen
France
flag msg tools
in krosmaster, you only count damages. By buying this reward, you won't receive any damage. So you keep the same amount of damage, but your total life is 8 more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drallieiv wrote:
in krosmaster, you only count damages. By buying this reward, you won't receive any damage. So you keep the same amount of damage, but your total life is 8 more.

In that respect, you would be gaining +8 max health and that max health increase would "heal" you 8. I think a lot of us are so used to having the HP bar drop instead of a damage bar filling up that it's slightly weird to grasp the concept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NeoGenesisX wrote:
drallieiv wrote:

In that respect, you would be gaining +8 max health and that max health increase would "heal" you 8. I think a lot of us are so used to having the HP bar drop instead of a damage bar filling up that it's slightly weird to grasp the concept.

That had not actually clicked until just now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bethgo wrote:
My gaming partner and I were playing on Sunday and had a disagreement regarding the Emerald Dofus Demon Reward. On the actual reward tile it has the +8 HP Heart symbol.

I took it to mean that the Krosmaster who gets this tile now has 8 Additional HPs immediately. And for the duration of the game now has original HP + 8.

My partner felt the tile indicated the Krosmaster now had 8 Potential additional HPs, and in order to get the full amount you would have to "heal" up the new 8 HPs.

Now my argument is when you get either a bump to MP or AP you immediately get those points as there is not "healing up" perse. So it stands to reason the health is also immediately granted in addition to the total amount.

Anyway, I was unable to find any info related to this on these forums or through copious web searching, so I'm hoping to at least get some insights into how other people rule on the tile.

Thank you!

I've used this reward in the online version of the game and it immediately adds +8 health permanently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understood that was the main difference between online and board game is that the board game had the demons awards and the online didn't?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tino Seth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
I understood that was the main difference between online and board game is that the board game had the demons awards and the online didn't?

Not true. The online version has everything in the board game. You should try the game online, it's a great way to get a grasp of the correct rules and to sometimes test your teams against some of the best players in the world and see their strategies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Gierlinger

Quincy
Illinois
msg tools
nope online has had the demon rewards for a bit now. there is no difference between online and the boardgame other then one of the heros was considered over power and her cost was changed from 2 to 4. Klor Ofil was the hero changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then I stand corrected. Thank you
I, for some reason, remember seeing a jag interview where they state that.
Memory must be slipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Gierlinger

Quincy
Illinois
msg tools
No Erica stated that in the gencon interview she did with BGG i think, but she was incorrect at one time the rewards were not activated but they have since been implemented.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sgierlinger wrote:
No Erica stated that in the gencon interview she did with BGG i think, but she was incorrect at one time the rewards were not activated but they have since been implemented.

Cool. Then I will definitely have to check out the online game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beth Goza
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you everyone. He was a bit bummed because I had one the game with the dispute, but I'm guessing next time we play he'll be keeping an eye out to buy it for himself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.