Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabe Brunelle
United States
BURLINGTON
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Oh, how could I stay anything but MAD over you, Cthu-ly, woo-ly, woo-woo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pricey expansion with shitty component quality
Asmodee sent me a free set of dice when I bought I used copy of the base game that didn't have any. I was really impressed by this. Maybe things have changed within the organization. As for your copy of White Moon, this is not the first time that I've read about the reprint having card issues. I'm sorry to hear that you're having these troubles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to say that you don't have the right to have your cards replaced, but shuffling problems, edge-wear and small inconsistencies in size can all be solved by using card sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
My cards were exactly like in the base game. Sorry yours weren't. I have had success however, with replacing something I lost by contacting fred@rprod.com. If you haven't tried him, please do so. I've also emailed on other questions and he has always responded. I hope he will take care of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
You can edit it (can't you?)

Also I'm curious regarding your use of the word pricey.

Repos is a great company, but lately has had a few bumps getting this product to market and supporting some component quality issues. I'm relatively confident it will recover but it can be a frustrating time. For example, in the past I'd ordered many of their freebies and promos via their occasional direct offerings - but the last one I ordered never showed, nor did it's replacement.

I tend not to get worked up about such things, but an extra dose of patience is recommended at them moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Q.T. Nguyen
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kostool13 wrote:
Not to say that you don't have the right to have your cards replaced, but shuffling problems, edge-wear and small inconsistencies in size can all be solved by using card sleeves.

If I were the OP, I don't know that I would find solace in a solution that required me to make an additional purchase of something that I didn't want in order to remedy a problem with the production quality of things in my original purchase, which I perceived to be flawed. Not all people like to or want to sleeve their cards, but I guess I'm starting to digress and open up another can of worms.

Getting a little more back on topic, I was able to get Replacement Dice from Asmodee earlier this year to replace the Infamous Sticky Dice after contacting them at contact_us@asmodee.com. I received a response within a day that they were waiting on a re-stock, a follow up communication in a week when they were back in stock, and then receive the Replacement Dice within a week of shipping. Overall, I was pretty satisfied with the customer service in my experience. If you contacted Asmodee another in some other method, maybe try sending them an e-mail?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL I had the same issue with the cards. I think they are definately not of the same quality.

Check this story out... I bought White Moon from an ebay seller months before hearing the reprint announcement. In a brand new box there were no cards when I opened it! I had to wait and hope I would eventually get replacements when the reprint finally came out.

I was sent a replacement deck...not only did I have the same issue as the OP but some of my cards had scartches in them. I then received another replacement deck but it took forever.

Every Repos prod game I bought had issues with components (all the Ghost Stories boxed games, and City of Horror). In the end the company did take care of me but I'm hesitent to buy another one of their games in the future...after having issues with every purchase...that's a little too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Brunelle
United States
BURLINGTON
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Oh, how could I stay anything but MAD over you, Cthu-ly, woo-ly, woo-woo!
mbmbmbmbmb
It could be that you got a set of dice from the first printing run. It was very cool of them to include the promos. My White Moon is a first edition still in the shrink. I got it for $45 before it disappeared from shelves. With all the component issues I'm hearing about, I'm glad I didn't sell my copy when the game was OOP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.