Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Miesner
United States
Napoleon
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick check on a rule-if you play an event card due to the hand limit (so after you have drawn your cards), and the card says "This turn" does that mean the turn that just happened, or can it be the turn coming up next?

For example, Mobile Hospital says "This turn, remove 1 disease cube from each city the player drives/ferries to." If I discarded that after drawing my cards, can the next player then do the effects, since it is after my turn, or would I have to just discard it without it being used (assuming I wanted to keep all other cards)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it is the second case you described, i.e. you discard it without being used. You are still in the current turn, not in the next turn yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You draw at the end of your turn and discard before your turn ends. If you played Mobile Hospital at this point, it would have no effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Miesner
United States
Napoleon
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I was thinking. It sure would make it easier the other way, but I suppose we don't really play Pandemic for an easy game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the same question today when we drew the card that allows you two additional actions 'this turn'. We ended up ruling that it was still the active player's turn so the extra actions could be taken immediately.

That interpretation was totally unrelated to the fact that that was the only way we would have pulled off a win. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hansen
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
debwentworth wrote:
We had the same question today when we drew the card that allows you two additional actions 'this turn'. We ended up ruling that it was still the active player's turn so the extra actions could be taken immediately.

That interpretation was totally unrelated to the fact that that was the only way we would have pulled off a win. whistle

Sorry, but your interpretation was incorrect. In the On The Brink expansion, which is where the Borrowed Time card is from, it specifically states in the Fine Points sidebar on page 2:
Quote:
The player drawing this card may not immediately play
it to continue taking actions (as that player is now in the
Draw Cards step of his turn).

Your win was not a win unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark_Hansen wrote:
debwentworth wrote:

Sorry, but your interpretation was incorrect. In the On The Brink expansion, which is where the Borrowed Time card is from, it specifically states in the Fine Points sidebar on page 2:
Quote:
The player drawing this card may not immediately play
it to continue taking actions (as that player is now in the
Draw Cards step of his turn).

Your win was not a win unfortunately.

Boo.

Well, thanks, I guess. We were playing with a set a German language cards I have and without the expansion rules. Oh, well, the thrill of victory was nice while it lasted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.