Popular Tags: [View All]
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to know the rules for this treasure card.

Free: Gain 1 XP.

Card XP value is 0XP.

1st off I know the limitations. One has to attach the card to a character, and the character has to live to the end of the game. Thus making the possibility of the gained XP worthless. However, if you don't play PvP that danger decreases. The risk is smaller. And if I understand the XP gained in Cryptmaster adds to point totals at the end for the win.

Now there does not seem to be a limit on this card. The player can gain a free action every turn. Is this the correct ruling for the card? The player can gain 1 point toward his victory every turn he remembers to do this and then survive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin TS
Malaysia
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DomaGB wrote:
I would like to know the rules for this treasure card.

Free: Gain 1 XP.

Card XP value is 0XP.

1st off I know the limitations. One has to attach the card to a character, and the character has to live to the end of the game. Thus making the possibility of the gained XP worthless. However, if you don't play PvP that danger decreases. The risk is smaller. And if I understand the XP gained in Cryptmaster adds to point totals at the end for the win.

Now there does not seem to be a limit on this card. The player can gain a free action every turn. Is this the correct ruling for the card? The player can gain 1 point toward his victory every turn he remembers to do this and then survive?

Hope this reply is not too late. I would play this card exactly the way you mentioned. So the player may get many XP from this treasure card but stand the chance of it being stolen/discarded. Looking at the way Tomb is played, there are many ways to lose this card, and in addition to that, it motivates other players to play PVP and aggressive... nice.

Jin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured as such. It can be very powerful if obtained early and protected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin TS
Malaysia
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, with Cryptmaster cards and stealing, it's not easy to keep it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played with mercenaries for the 1st time, and now I see that this card isn't so powerful. just had a 4 player game, 2 od us had Mercenaries and we gained lots of extra points!

This card didn't show up, but if it did it may have brought more balance in the game if one of the other 2 players who didn't have mercenaries had it. As the 2 of us who had them had a lot more points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.