Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question - on the Enemy and Tribal Raid Flowcharts, the Blue background box mentions that Families in the same Area as a Fort are invisible to Raids.

Rule (5.1.3) though mentions Outposts (which include Missions and Ranchos) too, such Families that are on or behind (Area Value) Outposts are immune to Tribal Raids. Such Families cannot react to Enemy Raids, however.

So let's say that a Family is in Area 2 and a Mission is located in Area 3, on the same track. The Family cannot react to an Enemy Raid, but is immune to a Tribal Raid, do I have that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Quinn
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Steve, you do have it correct.

However, I do query rule 5.1.3's application in respect of Forts, which it specifcally mentions. I had thought Forts only provided their protection or other effects in the Area they were specifically located and not also in Areas of a Value less than their location. That certainly appears to tbe the case for other applications of Forts in the game (protection from slavers, raiding and trading with one etc).

This might be an exception to the otherwise single Area application of Forts, but it was my understanding that the effects of Forts applied in all cases only to the Area in which they were located.

(This is something I probably should have picked up when I provided editorial comments during playtesting blush.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Carey wrote:
Quick question - on the Enemy and Tribal Raid Flowcharts, the Blue background box mentions that Families in the same Area as a Fort are invisible to Raids.

Rule (5.1.3) though mentions Outposts (which include Missions and Ranchos) too, such Families that are on or behind (Area Value) Outposts are immune to Tribal Raids. Such Families cannot react to Enemy Raids, however.

So let's say that a Family is in Area 2 and a Mission is located in Area 3, on the same track. The Family cannot react to an Enemy Raid, but is immune to a Tribal Raid, do I have that correct?

Correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch, Todd. Though a tad late... I just updated the errata google doc.

5.1.3 Outpost Effects on Reactions [Errata] - Change second sentence to read, “If the Outpost is in an Area with a Value ≥ than the Value of the Area containing a Family, that Family may not conduct any Reaction during an Enemy Raid, but are immune to Tribal Raids (but see 6.2.3 for a special exception).” To be clear: Forts only impact families in the same Area; Outposts impact families in same Area and each Area with a lower Area Value on same Area Track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Quinn
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I am sorry about that Joel. Looking back at my notes I even made a comment on that sentence too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.