3 Posts

Napoleon: The Waterloo Campaign, 1815» Forums » Rules

Subject: morale battle bonus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
owen anthony vaughan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hope someone can help me here. If I have a leader, the hill terrain for +1 on artillery, and 2 foot artillery (both F1) in the centre position of the battle board, does one artillery get the +1 for the hill but both get an additional +1 because of the leader present in the same position, thus making the artillery F3 and F2, or is the leader +1 only for moral checks at the beginning of battle. If so then the rolls will be for F2 and F1. both artillery units did not need to make moral checks at the beginning of battle.

6.31 Morale

Morale checks are the first step of Battle Turns. For each engaged 1-step unit, roll 1d6:1-3: Unit has Bad morale. It must make a Disengage battle move, perhaps causing a Rout. Units in square and Foot Artillery are eliminated.4-6: Unit has Good morale and may conduct any desired battle move or fire.

LEADERS improve morale, see 9.2. Leaders and sheltering units (6.52) do not make morale checks.

9.2 MORALE BATTLE BONUS

A 

revealed leader provides 

a +1 

(to the die roll) bonus to all friendly units in the same battle position. Leaders do not themselves make morale checks unless they are the only unit occupying a position; 

they 

make 

that
roll at +1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Bart
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A leader does not provide a bonus for firepower, it is +1 only for forced marching and for morale checks (for engaged 1-step units) at the beginning of a battle round.

So the artillery in your example will fire at F2 (unit occupying the hill terrain) and F1 (other unit).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
owen anthony vaughan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
hello bart. thanks for the quick reply. not the one i was hoping for, but my opponent will be happy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.