Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I drop a mine and the enemy ship is one space away from me then the move to my space that has my ship and the mine in it (either by accident, or I tractor them in) does the mine damage both ships? Thematically it would make sense that the both were affected, but I'm not sure what the rule should be?
Jeff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
Just go by the letter of the rule: only the ship entering the square is damaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jeff!
My first 3 play sessions to review this for the Dice Tower went real well! 3 of the 4 of us loved it, and 1 hated it. Oh well. I'm going to try it with some larger groups before I shoot the review in the next week or two.

by the way, it was great to play Pandemic in the lab with you at Gencon!

Dan King
The Game Boy Geek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, majority rules, right?

"3 out of 4 Dice Tower Reviewers recommend this game..."

And I do find it interesting that this design in particular has a bi-modal distribution on the ratings - lots of 8-10 and 4-6, and not many 7's...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Lackey" Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff,

Somewhat similar to this, if black fires at white, and white had just dropped a mine in its spot, who chooses whether the ship or the mine is hit? (Can White declare that the mine is like chaff and draw away the missile?)

Would black need to announce FIRE to pause the game if black aimed for the mine? Or would the game just continue in realtime? Would white be able to use Jammers to prevent target lock on the mine?

Glad this never came up in our PAX tourney

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Launching ship chooses.

"Officially" when there are multiple things you can shoot at the launching ship is supposed to say it at the same time as 'Fire'.

This is discussed in the Multiplayer rules, but should get a mention in the mine section as well. I'll put it on a FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff,
Yes indeed it is a bimodal! I am a certified Six Sigma Black belt and deal with distributions on a daily basis in my engineering job

That just proves that as I saw at the table, you're either going to really like it , or really dislike it. There isn't a middle ground here. Quite polarizing!

I'd rather design a game like that where the people that like it, love it to death, as opposed to many people just thinking it's ok.

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.