Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Colley
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that Z-Man has taken over Carcassonne from Rio Grande, it would be nice if they thought about publishing this set.

Two out of three of these expansions (Corn Circles 1 and Tunnels) are out of production and can only be obtained for silly prices on ebay.

I'm sure there would be a lot of interest if this set was published.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, Z-Man don't have the rights to either the Tunnels or the Plague.

They were published by Spielbox magazine, and Z-Man's agreement was only with Hans im Gl├╝ck to publish their stuff. Rio Grande had a separate agreement with the publishers of Spielbox, but Z-Man don't.

There was some talk of them including the Corn Circles in a new expansion box (with other hard-to-find bits and pieces), but I can't remember where I read that or how definite it was. Sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Colley
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update Mark... I guess my thoughts were more of a hope than any belief that there might be any real chance of them happening!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hept86
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mb
It looks as though The Plague/ Die Pest is still available with the Spielbox 2010/6 (English) magazine from the Nostheide shop for 6 euros:

http://www.nostheide.de/webshop3/index.php?cPath=3&page=3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Colley
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Hept86. Luckily already I have the plague expansion, it's the other two expansions I'm missing and which are hard to get hold of.

For info, The Windrose expansion is also being issued by spielbox in this month's magazine... Comes out in next couple of weeks. I've got my order in for that one already cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pulling a huge move like HiG, a Spielbox deal seems almost an after-thought, given how many HiG expansions they publish. I do hope they make a deal, as this Carc expansion has been high up on my wishlist ever since it was announced, and I was very sad to see it canceled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Played Carc for the first time in a while tonight and thought I'd check on this... Sounds like things are going as I feared. Unfortunate but hopefully we'll see these expansions released here somehow at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Originally posted to Carcassonne: Corn Circles, Plague & Tunnels, which has since been cancelled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.