Subject: Soft and sfumato rubbles silhouette.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,
i always considered silhouette (and not the whole hex) for LOF modifier: e.g. in light wood hex, i consider LOF modifier only if LOS actually passes through a tree silhouette.

Well, in DoH, rubbles , in rubble hex, are soft, sfumato and not so well defined; so, and it's very hard to check if LOS pass through or not...in this case, is it to be considered whole the rubble hex for LOF modifier purpose?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Ferrari
United States
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubble in LnL degrades LOS through any portion of the Rubbled hex. Although not specifically stated in the DoH TEC, I play it as degrading for any portion of the square that a LOS passes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kwsrv wrote:
Rubble in LnL degrades LOS through any portion of the Rubbled hex. Although not specifically stated in the DoH TEC, I play it as degrading for any portion of the square that a LOS passes.

Thank you...we were going to consider it as you did (or to have a die roll - even/odd - to set if it's degrading or not, time by time)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is strictly my personal opinion, but I wonder if True Line of Sight adds as much to the game series as the effort it takes. This is the game series function of considering the terrain depicted in a hex/square as affecting LOS, instead of the entire hex/square. I totally get it, it's neat to figure LOS based on the actual silhouettes of the terrain on the map. But, is it really all that true? LOS is still abstractly considered to originate and terminate at the very center dot in each hex/square. Not only that, we are looking at squads spread out in a square, and units in motion during each turn and impulse. Occasionally, True LOS comes into play by allowing a shot through a narrow gap between buildings, or the (abstractly depicted) trees in a forest. Maybe targets get shot at more often with True LOS, but that is actually counter productive to game play, and probably less "realistic." When I consider all the time spent dutifully stretching a thread between hexes or squares to adjudicate ranged fire, I wonder if the excess effort is simply excess. Perhaps the large squares on the DOH map, and the limited number of units in play make it worth while. For the regular hexes on other game series maps, maybe not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Tanguay
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of agree with you, even more so because some terrain are considered to fill the whole hex (wreck for example. Same for terrain counters (in NOSB IIRC), even when said counter represent terrain that usually does not fill the whole hex (building for example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.