Popular Tags: [View All]
Indalecio
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

We've tried the game in a 3-4 players setting (we set it up for 4 but one guy never showed up) before using the original 4x3 board, starting at the life totals from initiation mode but with full spellbooks.

What we would like to do now is to play with 6 players instead (we have 6 spellbooks) and need tips as for how to keep this thing "human" from both setup and time perspective. I´m not fooling myself here, I know this will take a great chunk of time, but any idea as for cutting the end game would be much appreciated.

I was thinking about making the board 5x4 anyway and make three teams comprising of two mages each all decided randomly. From there I´m not sure whether each team should be sitting tight next to each other from start or begin with some distance between the mages to limit the possibility for a team to stay in a corner and defend all game long.

The big question is how to end the game. It can't be a last team standing because it would take ages. Not sure if stopping after the first kill would make any sense either.

The second big question is if the spellbooks are large enough to support a long game of that sort or if we need to introduce some kind of spell "refuel" once a mage or a team has been taken out.

Any advice appreciated. I thought they were working on a multiplayer expansion but I couldn't find any information about it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should play with the rule (even in your 3-4 players game) that if the player on your right die, you lose half of your Life. This make your objective to kill the player on your left and speed up the game as more players die (might even create a reaction chain depending of damage/life other players have). This rule also prevent turtling in your corner while other fights and also prevent the "All vs one" situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.